Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
So It Seemed by Rivka Elias - read it? like it?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 9:27 pm
I just saw this book advertised on Feldheim Publishers website. Did anyone read it, and if so, did you like it?
The description did not say enough to let me know if I think it's a book I might enjoy.
Drama? Humor? More details, please. TIA!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 11:22 am
I don't generally buy novels, so please don't take my not saying, "Yes, buy it now!" in any negative way.
I got it out of our local Jewish library. It's a very pleasant book. The character development is done very well. And it's obvious that the author knows more than a bit about music. (The main character is a music teacher who goes on hiatus.) I like that. Even when the subject is one I might not be interested in, drawing on what you know (or researching it well) adds so much to the fullness of a book and its characters.
The author must be European as she captures the inflections so well. Different figures of speech or constructs that might seem strange to an American ear but that really help you hear the people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room