Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Diaper Rash

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:14 am
My 1 YO just got a terrible diaper rash. This is her first bad one. I am a first time mom. Any ideas how to help it go away?

Stars

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:16 am
Balmex works wonders

SorGold

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:36 am
Have you tried OTC creams yet? The zinc oxide is definately a first line defense.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 11:16 am
So far, Ive tried penitin (spelling?). Today I added potato starch b/c my babysitter said it's good.

smiledoamitzva

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 11:36 am
potatoe starch at every diaper change should do the trick

Laiya

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 11:37 am
Zinc oxide (balmex, desitin etc.) is best for a diaper rash--IF that's what it is. If it's a yeast infection, which can also look like a rash, then you'd need an anti-fungal. It's also possible the diaper rash became infected, in which case you'd need an antibiotic. Yet another possibility is that the skin is dry and irritated (maybe because of the diaper rash) and you'd need a cortisone, or a combination of any of these.

So if you're concerned, your best bet is probably to bring her to the dr. to be seen.

HelloG

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 11:39 am
I use Mrs Rosenfeld skin healing cream from health food store. Don't know if u Can get that. Otherwise I sometimes use a creamy vaseline. Both work wonders

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 12:11 pm
OP here.

It may also be an allergic reaction albeit a delayed one. I started her on formula on Thursday. The rash started Shabbos day. Does it make sense that it would take that long to react.

Oh, also, she's been having some bad diapers (very runny which is odd for her) since Shabbos. She has them at strange times like the middle of the night, but doesn't wake up. I change her in the morning and it doesn't look good at all

OK, maybe a trip to the doc. is in order.

alittlebirdie

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 12:13 pm
Allergys very often take abt 3 days to show up. Obviously ask your dr. But put cream on in the meantime. I use balmex

PAMOM

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 12:59 pm
My first developed a sensitivity to baby wipes at this age when she got a yeast infection. I started using Bounty paper towels and warm water. This may have NOTHING to do with your baby, but it's an FYI.

imokay

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 2:47 pm
If it is indeed a diaper rash, then this mixture will help heal it really quickly. It really works wonders.

Equal parts:
Aveeno Moisturizer
Mylanta (or maalox)
Diaper rash cream with zinc oxide
-mix together and apply liberally.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics