Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Do you flat iron your sheitel?

smss

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:53 am
My sheitel macher told me I could do this if I let the shaitel air dry first.
Can anyone recommend a good flat iron to use? She said to use a ceramic one, and that they cost around $90, but I'm seeing ceramic ones on Amazon for much less than that. Are they not good?

smss

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 11:54 am
Bump

ahuva06

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 12:02 pm
No you can get good irons that are cheaper on Amazon - just make sure its ceramic and read the reviews!

PassionFruit

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 12:02 pm
Your shaitle macher neglected to tell you some VERY important things about flat ironing your shaitle.
1. USE HEAT PROTECT-ANT THAT PROTECTS UP TO 410 DEGREES. This goes on EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF HAIR THAT THE IRON TOUCHES
2. the shaitle must be ALL THE WAY 100% DRY, including the net
3. set the heat to the lowest possible heat that will get the job done. Ironing your shaitle is just about the riskiest thing you can possibly do, and you can literally kill your shaitle, strand by strand and it will be UNFIX-ABLE.

Just a warning.
I am a shaitle macher.

smss

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 12:19 pm
funnyface wrote:
Your shaitle macher neglected to tell you some VERY important things about flat ironing your shaitle.
1. USE HEAT PROTECT-ANT THAT PROTECTS UP TO 410 DEGREES. This goes on EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF HAIR THAT THE IRON TOUCHES
2. the shaitle must be ALL THE WAY 100% DRY, including the net
3. set the heat to the lowest possible heat that will get the job done. Ironing your shaitle is just about the riskiest thing you can possibly do, and you can literally kill your shaitle, strand by strand and it will be UNFIX-ABLE.

Just a warning.
I am a shaitle macher.

OK now you scared me! shock Should I just drop the whole idea? It's really that much worse than blow-drying?

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 2:26 pm
I flat iron my hat sheital and have been doing it for a couple of years. I give it a silicon bath from time to time and it looks great. I bought my sheital at one of those traveling sales so if anything happens to it, I don't care.

ricotta

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 7:24 pm
I flat iron my sheitel.

Get a ceramic flat iron with adjustable temperature settings and use the lowest setting that gets the job done on your sheitel's hair.

My natural hair is quite coarse so I use a high setting, but my sheitel is finer/delicate hair so it use a medium/low setting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels