Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is Quiet Sweep Clock really quiet?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 9:23 pm
I wanted to get a clock to hang in my bathroom, but I was afraid the sound of ticking next to the bedroom would keep me awake.

So, if you are the type to notice a ticking clock (at night when things are quiet), have you seen these new "quiet sweep" models? I mean to say, seen and not heard!

Extra thanks if you know of a water-resistant one!

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 9:59 pm
I don't know, but digital clocks are totally silent, why not go digital?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 10:32 pm
I need to be able to see if from the bathtub, without my glasses. And I don't want yet another item cluttering my bathroom counter.

Do they make large digital wall clocks? I will have to see...

oliveoil

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 10:37 pm
I have a quiet sweep alarm clock right next to my bed and it makes no noise whatsoever

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 10:37 pm
I know what you mean. I just purchased a large wall clock for my daughters room and they complained that the tick tocking was so loud they had a hard time sleeping. It was only in their room for 1 night. Now it is sitting on top of my closet and I don't hear it from there. If your bathroom door is closed, do you think you will hear it?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 10:52 pm
Quote:
If your bathroom door is closed, do you think you will hear it?
I am the original from The Princess and the Pea.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 11:38 pm
Something like this?http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007MPF1E6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1436413060&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=digital+wall+clocks&dpPl=1&dpID=51E5e9HYVcL&ref=plSrch

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 11:41 pm
amother wrote:
I need to be able to see if from the bathtub, without my glasses. And I don't want yet another item cluttering my bathroom counter.

Do they make large digital wall clocks? I will have to see...

They do make digital wall clocks with large numbers. We have them in our bathrooms.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 11:37 am
Thank you, Kumphort. That looks interesting. How big are the actual letters numbers? Can a moderately nearsighted (let's say prescription -3.00 to -4.00) see them from 5 feet away?

I bought a digital alarm clock for the bedroom with extra large letters numbers, and I can just about see what time it is when I squint. But sometimes I can't tell if I'm looking at a 3 or a 9 etc.

(Now why do you suppose I keep wanting to write letters vs numbers? I guess that's what we think of when we think of reading....)

Aha. One reviewer says it's hard to read at an angle. So, in my vast bathroom, I might not be able to see it from certain locations...

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you, Kumphort. That looks interesting. How big are the actual letters numbers? Can a moderately nearsighted (let's say prescription -3.00 to -4.00) see them from 5 feet away?

I bought a digital alarm clock for the bedroom with extra large letters numbers, and I can just about see what time it is when I squint. But sometimes I can't tell if I'm looking at a 3 or a 9 etc.

(Now why do you suppose I keep wanting to write letters vs numbers? I guess that's what we think of when we think of reading....)

Aha. One reviewer says it's hard to read at an angle. So, in my vast bathroom, I might not be able to see it from certain locations...

I can't open the link but I have a projection clock in my bedroom. It is easy to read. It projects the numbers on my ceiling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics