Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I hate my shaitel
1  2  Next

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 4:43 am
Hi,
I just got my shaitel cut.
the first part she did without me there and she told me to come back and she will do the rest on my face.
when I walked in after the first cut I was horrified- she chopped it up.
I barely made it throught the cutting session trying to get her to do what I wanted. which she did.
but I walked out crying and crying.
I hate the wig now. I can't put in on my head.
there were certain hairs I had specificaly asked not to cut and she did! becuase she claimed she had to because there were short hairs under those long hairs that had to be the same length.
I don't know about the rules of cutting shaitels. but all I know is that there was beutiful long and with beutiful highlights are not there anymore
what should I do now.
besides for crying...

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 5:17 am
First of all, calm down this is far from the worst problem in the world. Absolutely worst case scenario, you are our 2500 and dont have money to replace it.

You need to talk to the shatle macher. It is not normal to do a cut off a head. That was the first big mistake/warning sign. If she did something you specifically told her you didn't want, she should have at elast explained why she was doing it, before she did it. This is unacceptable. There are deff ways to add hair, or do the cut "not according to the rules" that WILL look good. This seems to be her fault, and you need to talk to her. If need be, bring in a rav. Don't talk in a mean way, just honest--I feel like blah blah blah. If you cannot manage to talk to her in a calm way [your post is very melodramatic] send your husband.

hatzlacha. it will be ok. you will have a wig to put on your head. it is just a glob of hair, not the end of the world.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 6:25 am
Second that...I wish I can cure my problems with $2500 I've spent about 100 grand in therapy so far! But all that aside....it's super frustrating and doesn't make sense to cut a wig without your head in it!!

You can also sell it. There are shops that do that specifically-shaitel consignment shops for people like you with great wigs but bad cuts.
Hatzlacha!!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 7:18 am
Im really sorry - this Is so upsetting . My good friend is in a very similar situation and is very upset as well- totally understandable. A wig is a lot of money- and it's something you put on every day ( well some of us do) and it sucks that you don't lkle it .
I agree with the PP that the Sheitel mecher was wrong to cut it off your head! I have no idea what ppl do in this situation but you should definetly tell her how upset you are and see - maybe sh can sell this Sheitel and get you amother one ..:
Really upsetting -so sorry !

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 7:35 am
First of all, I don't think the OP is being "melodramatic" at all. For many people, losing $2500 is a huge deal! And feeling good about yourself when you walk out the door in the morning is very important. Not in a superficial way but when u feel good about yourself, you carry yourself differently and it can make a big difference in your emotional health. So OP, I get it. And I am so sorry this is super frustrating! Definitely bizarre that she cut it off your head and I agree that you should talk to her and tell her how upset you are and see if there is a way to add hair, on her dime.

chani8

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 7:54 am
I've even had a sheitel mocher ruin it while it was on my head. She got scissor happy and just snipped snipped away. Like she was out of control, as well as didn't know what she was doing. All that money down the drain.

I'm sorry this happened to you. When you're done having a good cry, perhaps the imamothers can advise you as to what you should do now. Perhaps this is a question for your rav, as well.

I stopped wearing a sheitel years ago, so I have no advice. Just a hug.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 8:16 am
ok,
I must be really really lucky.
I texted my shaitel macher this morning and told her exactly how I feel.
they are really proffesional and they want you to walk out happy.
she was very understanding and guess what?
she added the hair!!!!!!! no extra charge and no huff.
right now I am wearing it on my head and sooo happy.
I would not have imagined such a happy ending.
I had been so happy with then every time I used them and now they really proved themselves in my eyes.
if anybody needs recommendation of a shaitel macher place (ISRAEL) that is really professional, can really change a shaitel around, and has GREAT costumer service.
post here. I can pm you

abound

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 8:29 am
she added hair in less than 1 1/2 hours?????

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 8:43 am
the sewing machines are right there.

CPenzias

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 8:55 am
I'm glad it ended well. Next time don't let anyone cut a sheitel unless it's in your head!

Last edited by CPenzias on Thu, Jul 09 2015, 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 8:55 am
Op, where can I contact you so you can market my business too?

chevi1

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 9:03 am
Ya pm me the info please...

chevi1

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 9:04 am
Oh and gotta hand it to you for creativity....

chani8

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 9:21 am
I don't see this as good advertising. Don't forget how she screwed it up first.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 9:43 am
chani8 wrote:
I don't see this as good advertising. Don't forget how she screwed it up first.

I am not cynical or devious, but I wonder if the posters mean that OP made this all up as advertising. I doubt it because she'll have to open herself up somehow in the PMing.

Anyway, I like happy endings.

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 10:04 am
Even if she added hair at no charge and in five minutes and so professionally as you say, I still would never use her because she cut off your head the first time.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 11:25 am
Maya wrote:
Even if she added hair at no charge and in five minutes and so professionally as you say, I still would never use her because she cut off your head the first time.

Yeah, I wouldn't either use someone who's into decapitation Wink

Barbara

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 11:51 am
chevi1 wrote:
Oh and gotta hand it to you for creativity....

You mean that you're skeptical that within a 3-1/2 hour period, OP emailed the sheitel macher, and brought her the sheitel; and then the sheitel macher was able to add hair -- which she just happened to have in the same color and same "beautiful highlights" that OP had -- cut and style the sheitel, and return it to OP in time for OP to post?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 11:55 am
Barbara wrote:
You mean that you're skeptical that within a 3-1/2 hour period, OP emailed the sheitel macher, and brought her the sheitel; and then the sheitel macher was able to add hair -- which she just happened to have in the same color and same "beautiful highlights" that OP had -- cut and style the sheitel, and return it to OP in time for OP to post?

Does anyone else feel the first few posts all sound like OP?

joy613

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone else feel the first few posts all sound like OP?

She'd have to have 4 different accounts for that. Not that it's not possible but why would someone have that many accounts?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics