Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaytel Woes

imamomma

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 3:31 pm
I recently purchased a new sheitel which only happens once every 9 yrs...so I did a good amount of rasearch and heard mostly good reports about a specific shaytel macher. My ONLY criteria was that the shaytel should be able to hold a curl. I told her that numerous times. Low and behold, the curls came out the very same day I had it styled by her! I was devastated! I called her up and her assistant basically said sorry. My husband is livid and I'm just sad. I purchased a curling iron and curled it myself but the curls came out within the day...Does anyone have advice about what to do? Would you recommend beis din for faulty merchandise?
Thanks!

innovative mom

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 5:38 pm
Sometimes in order for a sheitel to hold a curl it must be worn, washed and then restyled. It's Definitely worth a try.
Also, you should go back to the person that did the sheitel for you and speak to her directly.

wantavaca

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 7:08 pm
oy this is heartbreaking, op.
sorry!
its especially hard if you are only getting a wig every nine years!! your expectations are inevitably higher.
these shaitel issues are so common.

On a side note: rule of thumb I learned the hard way:
Never curl your wigs with a curling iron by yourself if you dont know what you are doing. You will burn the ends and ruin the hair!

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 10:34 pm
Speak to the SM directly. Only if that doesn't work consider the BD. Most of them cost money so it depends on the cost of the wig if it is worth it. The other thing is that you should speak to someone who knows halacha and can tell in what circumstances a wig that doesn't hold curls for a day is faulty merchandise.

champion

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 2:24 am
what is the shaitel like when air dryed? did she show you?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 2:58 am
Some sheitels benefit from an overnight roller set - but if the weather is humid or it's lightly raining outside, the curl is going to fall right out.

That's why I always get a curly/wavy sheitel. They actually look better with a bit of rain on them!

imaima

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 3:28 am
Can a SM really tell in advance if the hair will hold curl or not? If it is untreated human hair, then whatever genetic qualities that person's hair had, the sheitel will have too. Am I wrong?

champion

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 4:55 am
thats why I asked if its curly when airdryed.
my personal experience has showed that if its curly when its natrually air dryed it will probably be able to hold a curl
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels