Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
What is everyone making for erev Tisha B'Av?

ohsleepy1

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 1:51 am
I usually make milchigs or pareve for shalosh shudis but being that it's erev Tisha B'Av I feel like I have to serve fleishigs so we eat enough before the fast. What can I make that's hearty that can be warmed up? Can't do soup, can't imagine it would be good after 24 hours in a crock pot/on a blech. Most roasts have liquid in them and can't be reheated shabbos day. Please inspire me! TIA!

m in Israel

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 2:02 am
I don't see why you can't do milichigs or parve. If Tisha B'Av would have fallen out during the week you would have had milichig or parve before the fast. Just because this year it is Shabbos and you CAN have fleishigs, doesn't mean you MUST have fleishigs!

But if you want to have fleishigs, first of all most soup would actually be fine if you leave it on a crock pot or plata the whole time. If you think about it, it is only a few hours later than the Shabbos seudah. . .
Shnitzel reheats fine of the plata (although it you serve it for Shabbos day you probably won't want to serve it again). Breaded chicken on the bone is fine, too. Deli roll (although a bit salty for before a fast. . )

Check with your LOR, but I think if you are putting something on top of a pot where it can't reach yad soledes bo, it is allowed to contain liquid. So if you have a soup pot on the plata, you can place a tray with your roast on top of that pot, assuming it will not get really hot, but just very warm. (I think yad soledes is about 110 degrees F )

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:17 am
That's funny- I (and most people I know, including family and friends) much prefer pareve/dairy before a fast, as it is light and easier digested! So I have no ideas for you, since we'll be eating our standard shalosh seudos fare (although maybe a bit more than usual).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus