Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help! anyone have experience with the bird segula?
1  2  Next

alittlebirdie

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 9:22 am
Does anyone have experience with catching a grey bird to shecht and (kosher and cook) feed to a kid wwho doesn't talk yet? Rebetzin Babayoff told this this to my sis in law for her 4 year old and I'm trying to help. Need advice. Please

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 9:28 am
Um, have you tried speech therapy?
Or some sort of child development evaluation?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 9:50 am
I have a pair of gray doves that come to feed in the backyard. Like most wild birds they probably have lice. Do you really think killing a pigeon or a dove and feeding it to you child is more beneficial than taking them to a speech therapist?

alittlebirdie

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:36 am
The kid goes to speech therapy every day plus he gets private in his home sometimes. For the past 2 yrs. He was born early (beg of 7th) mnth)and has many development issues. His mother is desperate.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:44 am
It's super easy to catch a pigeon off the street in NY or probably any city, but it would be such a bad idea to eat it. Wild (city) birds eat all kinds of garbage and are probably full of toxins. Aren't they feeding them birth control these days too?

Also, "eating a grey bird" is so obviously a fake segulah. For goodness sake people put a little more effort into your false promises to desperate people. At the very least pick a species. Bonus points for extinct species like the dodo. Twisted Evil

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:46 am
This is a question for a Rav.

In addition anything she killed herself would be treif meat. She is not a shochet.

alittlebirdie

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:54 am
She needs to get a grey bird from Israel and have it shechted by a proper shochet. And she has to kosher it herself. Since I live in israel she asked me to do it for her. She got this segula from a famous rebetzin. I was just wondering if anyoneheard of it before and if they can help me with it.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:56 am
Honestly, this sound ch"v like a segulah for rabies more than anything else.

Please know that I empathize with your SIL. My son began talking extremely late, and has developmental delays. I've been in your SIL's shoes and know how terrifying it is to ask the questions that she is no doubt asking about her son's future. With that in mind, I understand exactly what I am doing when I say the following:

The absolutely best thing that she can do for the child is get him reevaluated for additional services, and ensure that he is getting therapy from the best providers available in her region.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 11:07 am
A rebbetzin, no matter how famous, is not a Rav.

!

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
Honestly, this sound ch"v like a segulah for rabies more than anything else.

I'm not saying that eating a wild bird is sanitary, but birds are not mammals and therefore cannot be infected with or spread rabies.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 1:08 pm
alittlebirdie wrote:
She needs to get a grey bird from Israel and have it shechted by a proper shochet. And she has to kosher it herself. Since I live in israel she asked me to do it for her. She got this segula from a famous rebetzin. I was just wondering if anyoneheard of it before and if they can help me with it.

We have pigeons here. I don't think I'd want to eat one.

So what's the plan? You catch this bird, get it shected, and then send it my mail to your friend so she can cook it and feed it to her son? Or are they coming here for the meal?

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 1:30 pm
I could just see the headlines -- "New strain of the bird flu is spreading like wild fire. Origin is said to be from Israel..." "Scientists are at a loss as to how a human could have contracted such an illness..." "New evidence suggests this virus is caused by ingesting wild fowl, specifically pigeons." "Hipsters are claiming to have started this trend before it began to spread nation wide."

tweety1

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 5:55 pm
I'm getting upset by these replies. You have here an innocent woman trying to be helpful to her sister. And what kind of replies is she getting?? I think this disgusting. Do you really think this lady isn't getting the best therapists she can for her child?? If you never heard of this segulah don't reply! Don't start offering advice she isn't looking for or advice she already long knows abt. If you really can't control yourself then sympathize with her send her some hugs but these kind of replies? I think there are some very insensitive ppl on here.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 6:10 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I'm getting upset by these replies. You have here an innocent woman trying to be helpful to her sister. And what kind of replies is she getting?? I think this disgusting. Do you really think this lady isn't getting the best therapists she can for her child?? If you never heard of this segulah don't reply! Don't start offering advice she isn't looking for or advice she already long knows abt. If you really can't control yourself then sympathize with her send her some hugs but these kind of replies? I think there are some very insensitive ppl on here.

Interesting coming from a member with your screen name. Bias much?

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 6:45 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Interesting coming from a member with your screen name. Bias much?

Well look at OP's screen name. I'm sorry, I have nothing helpful to add because I am very much not into the segulah racket, but I couldn't help noticing that...

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:36 pm
seeker wrote:
Well look at OP's screen name. I'm sorry, I have nothing helpful to add because I am very much not into the segulah racket, but I couldn't help noticing that...

weird weird!

observer

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 9:15 pm
That jumped out at me, too!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 9:36 pm
observer wrote:
That jumped out at me, too!

That's because you're so observant! Wink

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 9:40 pm
Shades of Tipi Hedren.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 11:15 pm
tweety1 wrote:

When someone -- granted, someone with no ill intent -- is contemplating doing something harmful to a 4-year-old, my first instinct is to point out alternatives, not to hug her.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics