Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much did you spend on a house in Brooklyn??
1  2  Next

mommyfirst

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:04 pm
I am looking to get a picture of what ppl
are actually spending in different areas .. Sometimes "sold" prices ( via trulia etc) are so much lower than initial asking prices ... Why? Are buyers paying extra cash under the table or are houses actually going for a lot lower than asking price ??

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:41 pm
Yes.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:42 pm
I think that some of the low prices seen on trulia are not true sales, but rather deed transfers with some sort of money involved (ie a quit claim deed filed as part of a divorce with the "sale" of the property going from one ex-spouse to the other for half the value, necessary transactions among surviving family members after a death, etc). I don't know much about real estate; this is always what I've assumed and maybe someone who knows real estate can chime in.

I paid in the low-mid 400s for my house right when the bubble burst, but hadn't hit its lowest. In the past year, 3 houses on my block also sold for the low-mid 400s. My area is definitely more affordable than others though. If you want anymore information, let me know and I can PM you.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:46 pm
2.4 mill. Its brand new, ready to move in

goodmorning

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:47 pm
Khaki, could you PM me please? (Not OP)

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:48 pm
Not forna house, a condo.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:52 pm
We paid 820k a year ago for a small 2 family and it's considered cheap by now. We bought with a partner so we only paid half. Otherwise it was not affordable for us.

mfb

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
I think that some of the low prices seen on trulia are not true sales, but rather deed transfers with some sort of money involved (ie a quit claim deed filed as part of a divorce with the "sale" of the property going from one ex-spouse to the other for half the value, necessary transactions among surviving family members after a death, etc). I don't know much about real estate; this is always what I've assumed and maybe someone who knows real estate can chime in.

I paid in the low-mid 400s for my house right when the bubble burst, but hadn't hit its lowest. In the past year, 3 houses on my block also sold for the low-mid 400s. My area is definitely more affordable than others though. If you want anymore information, let me know and I can PM you.

Where in brooklyn do you find these prices???

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 11:07 pm
$850k about 4 years ago for a small detached house in a nice area. move in condition. not luxury, but we barely did any work on it.

Ashrei

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 11:09 pm
amother wrote:
2.4 mill. Its brand new, ready to move in

Pink, could you please PM me?

solo

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 12:16 am
We paid 550 a few yes ago. Several houses on my block sold recently. 540-650 range.

mommyfirst

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 12:24 am
OP.
Khaki, could u pm me please abt what area ur in ?
Also, solo?
Thx !

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:10 am
$230,000 - 16 years ago for a small 1 family semi attached. It needed a lot of work ( and still does).

mommyfirst

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:18 am
Ha, 230. I could get a one bedroom coop maybe. Looking for more recent info .. Thx. Khaki? Solo? Can u pm me areas where u live ?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:24 am
590k 4 years ago for an attached 2 family, the 2nd family is just rentable basement. The average on zillow was 605k. The asking price we agreed to was 610. Our lawyer bargained down to 590 due to slight water damage.

Right now zillow average for my house is 900k. I could probably get 1mil as we put some work in and added a half bath. The market has been steadily climbing these past few years.

OneSource

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:49 am
I paid 430k for my house in October of 2014. Detached, brick single family which needed work (IMO). In my neighborhood, homes go for around this price needing work but you can get lucky and find for 430ish without needing much tlc. Also, girlfriend just bought (different neighborhood) and she paid 438k for a semi-detached brick home, more or less renovated.

Our neighborhood is Georgetown. My friend's is right outside of CH prime.

Last edited by OneSource on Tue, Jul 14 2015, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

mommyfirst

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:52 am
Can u please post general neighborhoods?? Especially if your house was in the 400s! Thx !!

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 11:16 am
$510K six or seven years ago for a semi-attached house in the 30's. We put in about $25K of work.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 2:59 pm
It really depends where in Brooklyn. In bp it's a million and up for a house. Ranging in the high 700-800 for a condo. Slightly lower for a coop. Other areas are cheaper.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 9:44 pm
We're lookig to buy a 3 bdroom apartment in Boro Park and the prices range fm 600,000 to 700,000. A 4 bedroom apartment goes for 850,000 - 1m. The prices are crazy!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics