Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much did you spend on a house in Brooklyn??
Previous  1  2

jemappelle

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:12 pm
mommyfirst wrote:
Ha, 230. I could get a one bedroom coop maybe. Looking for more recent info .. Thx. Khaki? Solo? Can u pm me areas where u live ?

lol! the first time I read this, I read "COOP", as in chicken coop, and was thinking, yes that is a good description, you could get something this size of a chicken coop in brooklyn for 230k!

mommyfirst

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 11:10 pm
Sort of a spinoff , but for those who bought fixer uppers or homes "in need of tlc" ... Did you actually end up saving money or did u overspend on renovations? Do you regret it ?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 11:28 pm
I just sold a house in brooklyn for 1.1 its 2 family brick attached.

OneSource

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 2:13 pm
"Sort of a spinoff , but for those who bought fixer uppers or homes "in need of tlc" ... Did you actually end up saving money or did u overspend on renovations? Do you regret it ?"

I can reply to this. I definitely saved money. After the renos (which cost around 50k), my home is now worth close to 600k. Since I bought it around 430k, I definitely made out ahead of the game here. At least when I go to sell, I'll get my reno money back in full plus some as well as enjoy a home I made just right, in the interim.

As long as you have a reno budget and a clear idea of where you need to go, it's possible to build some solid equity into a fixer-upper.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics