Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving out of Israel - to NY or London area??
Previous  1  2

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 7:20 am
momaleh wrote:
No one mentioned this, but my friends from London tell me, and you can see on the news, that the anti-semitic situation in London is pretty bad and getting worse. If I wasn't from there, I would stay far, far away. Especially if there were good alternatives.

Maybe your friends were referring to a neo Nazi rally that was supposed to take place in GG but failed in the end? People obviously have different views and opinions but I don't think London is an anti-Semitic place or the situation is getting worse. Actually numbers of anti-Semitic incident fell down a bit. Don't bundle all of Europe together. London is far different from Malmo IYKWIM. Even within London, Edgware is completely different from Tower Hamlet.

wispalover

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 10:45 am
Ok, I did this move and struggled a lot with this decision last summer.
Ultimately we moved to NYC for the following reasons:
1) my son has severe global language delay. Getting support services in London is really hard and sending to the local public school in London is not the same as sending to PS in the States.
2) getting a visa for my American DH was near impossible. Would have taken a fortune and really difficult.
3) I grew up in London and have a ton of friends but from people who move there, they say it's really cliquey and hard to make friends.
4) finding a place in a primary school was really tricky.
5) the NHS scares me.

Don't get me wrong, there are wonderful things about London but I'd still pick NY and the States any day Smile

happymummy

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 3:17 pm
We made the move from Israel to London 2 years ago.
My husband also wanted more involvement in a community (his ivrit is terrible) and better job prospects(same reason). He is very happy here.
I'm not as happy here. Its much harder to make friends than in Israel.
Schools can also be tricky. Very hard to get into.
Places like Borehamwood are near enough to schools and have their own shops and are cheaper to live and therefore could be viable options for you.
Living is expensive but if you keep an Israeli mentality and are frugal you should be fine.
Hatzlacha with your decision making.
You can PM me if you want more info

cutie81

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 7:33 am
OP here.
So after going back and forth we realized that for kibud av Vaem reasons we need to go to NY. My heart still tells me that overall London would be a better move. My parents are getting old and rely on me to be there for them. My grandmother is very old and sick and my mom is having a hard time taking care of her. When we mentioned that we were thinking to move to London it was like a slap in the face to them. Israel they understood (it was hard for them, but they understood), but they feel that if I am not living in Israel then I should be near them.
Do you guys think that is a strong reason to move to NY?
Would love to hear some opinions.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating