Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Typesetting a hebrew sefer in indesign

be good

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:43 pm
I am trying to typeset a hebrew sefer in Indesign, but I don't have Indesign ME.

Is it possible to
a) number pages as alef, beis, gimmel; rather than 1, 2, 3?
b) I want the pages to flow from right to left, but I don't know how to tell the text threads that. or the multi columned text boxes.

Can anyone help me, or direct me to someone who can?

kb

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:50 pm
Can you download a trial if the me version?

proud_mama

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 12:05 am
There's a plug in for other languages for the regular indesign. It wasn't expensive, I think under $100. Maybe google it. I typesetted a Hebrew/English book years ago and found this plug in online. I got a new computer in the meantime and didn't transfer the plug in so I don't remember what it's called. I was able to set up styles and all. It worked pretty well. I did need to improvise certain things, ex. I needed nekudos for a lot of the Hebrew so I typed all Hebrew that I needed with nekudos in Davka then copied and pasted into indesign, it was a pretty tedious job. I think regular Hebrew without nekudos is fine just typed into indesign.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 10:07 am
All of the above is correct. However, if you upgrade to the newest version of ID, you can also get the ME version at no additional cost. If you are going to do a lot of Hebrew work it will really make your life much, much easier.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics