Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How did you like Amazon Prime Day?
1  2  Next

I loved it  
 0%  [ 1 ]
I liked it  
 3%  [ 5 ]
Neither like or dislike  
 11%  [ 18 ]
I didn't like it  
 41%  [ 67 ]
I hated it  
 13%  [ 21 ]
I don't have Amazon Prime  
 30%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 160

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 3:56 pm

OutATowner

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 4:00 pm
I didn't see anything particularly interesting . also other stores like Macy's did something similar today with free shipping and major sales. target also did something right now. I heard on the news that all the stores are trying to compete with Amazon and I like their sales much better.
On a different note I'm typing this with the Google Voice typing does anybody know how to put in punctuation with it.
Edited to add punctuation.

Last edited by OutATowner on Wed, Jul 15 2015, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

imaima

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 4:01 pm
I would have loved it if I had money right now. Many things need replacement but those are big ticket items - furniture, laptop etc.

el2cg

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 4:10 pm
OutATowner wrote:
I didn't see anything particularly interesting . also other stores like Macy's did something similar today with free shipping and major sales. target also did something right now. I heard on the news that all the stores are trying to compete with Amazon and I like their sales much better.
On a different note I'm typing this with the Google Voice typing does anybody know how to put in punctuation with it.
Edited to add punctuation.

Just say "period" at the end of a sentence or "comma" when needed

nywife

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 5:04 pm
I didn't like it. The practical items (toilet paper, shampoo, soap..) sold out in 3 seconds. The rest is either junk or things that I wasn't looking to spend on (like a laptop or food processor). I was really hoping to stock on household supplies but oh well.

HappyMom5

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 6:32 pm
I found walmart had better deals and they had rollbacks on basic necessities too

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 6:51 pm
I never even bothered. There is nothing I need to spend money on.

OutATowner

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 7:29 pm
Thanks el2cg!

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 7:57 pm
It motivated me to get a bunch of things I have been putting off making decisions on. I ordered 29 items for the house.

MMCH

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 8:03 pm
I was underwhelmed.
The only thing I got were the 10 packages wipes for $3

I thought the sale would be so much better, on more house hold things, back to school stuff, toys and books.

its better this way, less money spent.

browser

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 9:10 pm
Did not find exciting deals

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 9:12 pm
Meh

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 9:46 pm
I thank them for the deals I was able to cash in on at Walmart and Kohls, but their deals? What a joke. A full waitlist on a Razor scooter at 21.99? It frequently goes on sale at that price!

Anyway, this was very funny: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kanika.....BaxoQ

watergirl

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 10:41 pm
We got wipes also! I also bought a kindle fire, then was told by everyone I know that amazon often has the sale price on it. Ill admit it - I got caught up in the frenzy of it. The kindle was "sold out" amd waitlistes on and off all day. Now I realize that it was a ploy for stupid people like me - "I must buy it now! No thinking about it - if I stop to think it through itll be GONE!!!" Which is what happened this morning when I teied to buy it. Then It was "back" again later and I jumped on it. Its been like that all day. Im a sucker!!!

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 11:22 pm
I'm glad I got that amazing deal on the nasal aspirator.

disappointed I missed the VCR rewinder.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 11:31 pm
Bleh. Got the wipes but besides that nothing I needed was a "must buy" price. Saw car seat deals, actually set a timer for when the lightening deal opened and saw it was a typical sale price. Nothing major. Don't need one but if it was an amazing price I would have gotten one for the other car/when others drive DC so I didn't have to keep taking it out and reinstalling it.
So underwhelmed by the non-deals.

d l

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 11:42 pm
That buzzfeed article is really funny.
Glad I'm not the only one who was super hyped for prime day then super confused/dissapointed today...

d l

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 11:44 pm
I actually bought a car seat for $99, I didn't even check if it was a great deal, I just assumed it was. I wonder if I can return it If it doesn't work for us.
And had no clue that Walmart and target were running sales as well today. Oh well I guess it's better I didn't know- less $ spent.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 8:18 am
Usually Prime baby stuff is free returns on car seats and stuff, so don't worry.
$99 might be a good deal, depending on the seat.

(I did add the wipes to my S&S order, but I didn't get the coupon for 2.50 off. Still a great price. But that's all I bought from Amazon yesterday.)

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 8:58 am
watergirl wrote:
We got wipes also! I also bought a kindle fire, then was told by everyone I know that amazon often has the sale price on it. Ill admit it - I got caught up in the frenzy of it. The kindle was "sold out" amd waitlistes on and off all day. Now I realize that it was a ploy for stupid people like me - "I must buy it now! No thinking about it - if I stop to think it through itll be GONE!!!" Which is what happened this morning when I teied to buy it. Then It was "back" again later and I jumped on it. Its been like that all day. Im a sucker!!!

The kindle fire was a good deal. It was $60 off the MSRP. Amazon sometimes runs sales where it's $20, $30 or $40 off the MSRP but never $60.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics