Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Breaded fish

Lizajen

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 4:18 am
I'd love an easy ,breaded fish recipe that's not fried. Does anyone have one to share?

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 8:04 am
For crispest results, use panko bread crumbs. Flour and then liquid and then crumbs helps the crust adhere for best results. You can spray with any oil.

Edited to Add - For crispiest results, I preheat the sheet pans that I bake on - I'm lazy so I line with tin foil so I don't have to scrub the pans.

YIELD:2 servings

Ingredients

1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
Butter-flavored cooking spray

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. Dip fish in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.

2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz with butter-flavored cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts

1 serving equals 278 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Jul 16 2015, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lizajen

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 8:36 am
Thanx so much. Can I use tilapia instead? Is it ok if it's the type that I buy frozen?

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 8:41 am
Sure just sub any fish with white flesh and frozen thawed is fine.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 9:33 am
Do you have access to frozen Dagim breaded fillets? They taste great baked and are inexpensive. I add some salt and garlic powder on top and sometimes spray with Pam.

Lizajen

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 1:17 pm
I found a spice in my house called: lemon and pepper seasoning salt. Is that what you meant?

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 1:28 pm
Lizajen wrote:
I found a spice in my house called: lemon and pepper seasoning salt. Is that what you meant?

That would be it. You can really flavor the crumb mixture with whatever spices and herbs you like if you decide you like the basic recipe. A little garlic powder would be good but I can't think of any recipe garlic doesn't go well with. I'm obviously not a vampire m LOL

Lizajen

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 7:27 pm
Thank you so much. I made it for dinner tonight. It was so easy, quick, and delicious.😊
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics