Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How do you keep busy during the 9 days?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 10:04 am
I do have this issue with my cleaning lady.

She comes a few times a week and has a lot of free time and I don't feel comfortable giving extra special tasks - like polishing silver.
So I'm not sure how to fill her time.

innovative mom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:42 am
amother wrote:
I do have this issue with my cleaning lady.

She comes a few times a week and has a lot of free time and I don't feel comfortable giving extra special tasks - like polishing silver.
So I'm not sure how to fill her time.

Same here. I was told that I should only take her either for shabbos or to keep the house clean on a decent level. No extras... So I spoke to my cleaning lady and explained that for 1 week we don't do any laundry, ironing, linen, extra cleanup, only the real basics and asked her if she would be ok with having the week off and only coming on Friday to get ready for shabbos. She was a bit surprised but said that that would be ok.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 5:22 pm
acccdac wrote:

May one clean the house as usual?
Yes. Some have the custom not to wash the floors except when it is really necessary and on erev shabbos. The floor should not be polished.

I have the quaint custom NEVER to wash floors except when really necessary (if it is not necessary, why bother doing it?) , which, astonishingly enough, is once a week lich'vod Shabbat. LOL

innovative mom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 4:18 pm
Thought I'd wait till erev shabbos but... between the extreme heat and ices for the kids, my floor definitely needs a thorough wash. So here goes...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics