Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Pre-fast meal

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jul 17 2015, 7:35 am
What can I serve on shabbos before the fast. In desperate need of ideas. Thanks.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 17 2015, 7:39 am
They say fat and carbs are best. Protein not. Pasta is good. No seuda hamafsekes this year, so you don't need the eggs. Meat for is fine halachikly. Lots of water for the thee days before!

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jul 17 2015, 11:39 am
Thanks for the reply. Can you be more specific,things that I can heat up?? Thanks

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jul 17 2015, 12:01 pm
Pasta salad- eaten cold
Lots of Challah and dips if not salty

SRB

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 1:13 am
Im also trying to figure out what to serve - however I prefer not to have to heat anything. I was thinking taco salad or chicken salad with challah or rolls. I think protein is important - a combination of protein, fat, carb, fiber and lots of water... low on the sugar and salt. Some other ideas are lentil soup, baked salmon, bagels & lox ( we do this for the break fast).

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:10 am
Almond butter really helps me. I don't limit how much I have. Drizzle a little honey on top so it goes down easier.
Grapes.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 2:19 pm
For three days before a fast, maximize fresh fruits and veggies, which contain lots of water.
Maximize intake of watery liquids.
Avoid sugary snacks and salty foods.
Increase complex carbs. Legumes are especially good.
Small quantities of animal proteins and good fats.

A good menu might be fruit salad, gazpacho or pareve vichyssoise, grilled chicken cutlets, an assortment of vegetable salads and veggie-based dips such as guacamole and babaganouche, arbis or potato salad, and watermelon for dessert.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 9:14 pm
We plan to do a variety of salmon, bread, pasta salad, egg and avocado salad, cubed melon, cheese latkes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note