Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Average Income for a man
Previous  1  2

pause

Post Fri, Jul 17 2015, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:
op here...
Thank you... making me feel good!
however we still didnt manage to buy an apt...

This leads me to believe that op lives in Williamsburg. If so, then I can understand 100K not being enough what with the crazy rent and clothing prices...

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 10:08 pm
Your dh makes 100K and has no college degree? And they doubled his salary because he got married? Have you ANY idea how incredibly fortunate you are? That's what I make in a professional position with a master's degree and over 30 years on the job. Is there an opening in this firm for my ds who's in the parsha, refuses to go to college and has no parnassah skills whatsoever but is a willing worker?
OP, you should get down on your knees, so to speak, and thank the good L-rd who put your dh in such a generous company. I repeat what others have told you. Most employers don't give a rat's tail about your marital status or size of your family. The pay is according to the job, not the person in that job. If you haven't managed to buy an apt, that's your problem. Try living within your means. That you don't just shows that you don't know how to manage money. Either learn how, or go out and get a job yourself. Most people make do with considerably less than 100K.
Sorry if that sounds harsh, but yeesh! She asks if that's good pay and her husband doesn't even have a college degree. Wake up and smell the coffee, girl.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 11:15 pm
wow, you are very fortunate OP
In my husbands's line of work, the pay is not very good.
He is in his early forties, has 17 years experience in his specific area of expertise, has two degrees and earns $62,000. He has little hope for his salary to rise above $65,000 ever.

you are doing well, thank Hashem and smile.

CPenzias

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 11:59 pm
Do yoy work? That would help too I'm sure. ..unless you have a bunch of little kids who would cost a lot to send to babysitters/daycare

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 12:23 am
Op- has your dh recently received a large raise or did he get a steady raise for the past 9 years?

Last edited by amother on Sun, Dec 13 2015, 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 1:05 am
pesek zman wrote:
There is no way for anyone to say. What is his education? Training? What field is he in? Where does he live? All these things play into what his salary might be

THIS. The only thing you told us in your post is that the salaried worker in question is male -- which is one factor which (in theory) should NOT determine his income level.
It sounds like your DH is pulling in a very handsome salary, esp considering his level of education and experience. You are very lucky.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 1:58 am
I think thats a pretty decent salary.
Then again, im lucky if my dh makes $16k a year Sad
He has a bachelors degree, but has not had mazel on his side unfortunately.
He currently has only been able to find employment through a sales-commission venue and hasnt made money in too long.
my salary is pathetically about $25k for the year and Im already too exhausted to put in more hours into a job.
We get thrown off govt help cuz they always manage to reach back to some of dh's good sales checks and average that in towards a hefty salary that he doesnt make.
Its a miracle we can pay our rent and buy food too... forget the rest of life expenses.
So at 100k you are doing quite well.
Not saying you dont have more expensive.
But if your asking if its high or low.... count your blessings and know that you arent low.
(And pray for those of us that struggle with parnassah)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics