Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Pity party. need some chizuk

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 11:44 pm
Working more than FT. Not managing to pay the bills. Shalom bayis issues. Feeling very alone. No family nearby. Little support from them (not talking $). Feel like everyone around me is managing (though I know that all are not), baby afer baby (I wish though that would be poor decision now given shalom bayis issues) seem to work many fewer hours. Most have family nearby and get some sort of relief/support. I just can't do all this alone anymore 😟

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 11:57 pm
I'll join the pity party. I feel like I work so hard and never get anywhere, some people are just born with everything set up to work out well and I feel like I have nothing going for me and at the rate we're going it never will. My family is on hold because I don't have the energy to deal with more kids when I'm working so hard to stay afloat with the few that I do have, but I always dreamed of a big family and I am not getting younger and I just hate that this is my reality - to work so hard and still never have things going well, you'd think there would be a reward for trying so hard but instead there is nothing but stress (including or maybe causing the SB issues). The kind of support I get from my family is in the form of helpful advice like how maybe my kids would be happier if I were less stressed and spent more time at home with them, and if my husband is so smart why doesn't he just get a better job already, and what do you mean she can't go swimming because her bathing suit is in the laundry - doesn't she have more than one? Why didn't you buy your kid new shoes yet, these look so worn! Thank you so much, I definitely needed help feeling like a loser Sad

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 12:44 am
you mentioned shalom bayis issues--- are you married? if so, does your husband work FT too? *hugs*. We stopped at 2 kids. I'm just now (I'm in my 40's) coming to terms with it. We have no family support either---- I haven't seen/spoken to my family in decades and my husband has a father who lives many states away and doesn't enjoy coming to visit us because we're frum.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 1:05 am
Yes. Husband working FT. Several kids. Kids are good but still kids. Def want more and know that I am not the best mom I can be right now Sad working on it but stress taking a toll. Family claims to be helpful but the drama/anger/health issues that they bring with them often make it more difficult thank it is worth (you can imagine)

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 4:22 pm
I totally relate
I also wonder how others manage bec.I also want to hav lot kids but I also work full time --I'm out of my house from 5:50am until 5:30 and then I'm with my children
After they are in bed I have"homework" from work....
And I also hav no family support bec all they do is tell me what I should be doing --just making feel bad
They want to make all my decisions for me but will not help me with anything not even emotionally!! So its stressful dealing with family and instead of them being a source of support --they are added stress --like something just happened bad to my kids and my family blamed me instead of blaming the person who acted like a criminal....
Meanwhile I wonder how others manage but then ppl say that. We don't really know what others troubles are or everyone has their peckalach of troubles!!
Meanwhile I understand how ufeel
I'm also overwhelmed

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:21 pm
Good to know I am not alone. Just feels that way. Some days I can pull myself together better but lately it has been rough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics