Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is the special needs forum active?

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 9:00 pm
I asked to join over a week ago and haven't been approved yet. Is there any action there or should I just post my special needs questions in one of the open forums?

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 9:07 pm
I am a member, it's not a very active forum. You will get more responses from the regular forum.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 9:58 pm
Maybe the person who';s the mod of the forum isnt very active? Have you pm'ed them?

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:11 pm
It took me a while to get approved and then nobody really responded to me anyhow.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:53 pm
It really depends on what the issues is, and whether other people are on at the same time as you. It's hit and miss, but IMHO it's worth being on there. I've gotten some very specific advice that I wouldn't have gotten from the general forums.

Some issues are not good for the general forums, because if people don't understand the issues, the advice can vary from unhelpful to downright hurtful - even though everyone means well.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 8:04 pm
Well then it would be nice to be let in. I did PM the mod. Meanwhile maybe I'll just head over the the "challenging children" place, that's where I was until now and certainly fits our description, I just thought a more specific forum might be a better address for things like figuring out how to handle a diagnosis, family planning issues, etc.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 8:16 pm
amother wrote:
Well then it would be nice to be let in. I did PM the mod. Meanwhile maybe I'll just head over the the "challenging children" place, that's where I was until now and certainly fits our description, I just thought a more specific forum might be a better address for things like figuring out how to handle a diagnosis, family planning issues, etc.

Hopefully someone will let you in soon. Remember, it's the 9 days, so try to judge the mods favorably! Especially with SN kids, you never know what other people are dealing with.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 8:22 pm
True dat!
Wasn't judging or whining. Just wondering whether there was a point in waiting/trying or if I should just not bother.

iluvjerusalem

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 8:36 pm
I've found it a helpful forum whenever I've posted
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics