Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bkln questions - which store?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:39 am
I visit Brooklyn for shopping infrequently. In the past I really liked a store called Uptown Girl Headwear for snoods and tichels. I see they're closed now. I don't like ordering these things online because the last couple of times (different websites) they arrived and were not what I'd visualized and the return policies were awful, not worth paying for return shipping but I was already out what I'd spent on the things. I want to go somewhere where I can see what I'm getting, try things on to make sure the size is right, and buy on the spot without shipping costs. Uptown Girl had great prices. Is there something else similar that also has decent prices? I remember asking about tichels somewhere else and they were charging like $10+ for the thin flimsy "israeli" tichels, which seems steep to me, and something like $30 for snoods, no thanks. I really need new headwear! Where to go?

Next question: Good prices/brands on socks and tights, for adults and kids?

Finally: Is Junee warehouse sale still open? Where is it? Is it the kind of sale that even if it's still open all the stuff will be gone by now or do they keep a good stock?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:46 am
If you're looking for chenille snoods, go to basic colors in Flatbush.
For girls knew socks, the sock exchange in Boro Park is having a great sale.
For black opaque ladies tights, just legs in Boro Park has good ones without control top for $2.99

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:54 am
I need a selection of all kinds of snoods/tichels (have not bought in a long time and everything I own is dead or dying) so I'm not going to one store just for a chenille snood. I have some pretieds from basic colors and was not happy with the quality, only one was worth even the $7 or so it cost. I might be going there for shells anyway... but where can I get a good selection of head coverings at decent prices? Uptown Girl was just about right!

Where are sock exchange and just legs?

alittlebirdie

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:57 am
Try the J and coney area or kings highway for those kind of

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 8:00 am
Double Header has a great selection and pretty good pricing but not like the prices you mention.

Sock exchange is located at 46 street and 13th Ave.
Just legs is located at 49th street and 13th Avenue.

Maybe call ahead of time to make sure they are open during the nine days.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 8:00 am
alittlebirdie wrote:
Try the J and coney area or kings highway for those kind of

Anyone have more specifics? Not so familiar with the area and coming in for a brief time with kids in tow. It would be excellent to get this right on the first try!

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 12:06 pm
Double header has a branch on Ditmas and East 2nd and a branch in flatbush on Ave N in the 30s.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics