Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
My neighbors prozac medication was delivered to my house
Previous  1  2  3  Next

gp2.0

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 11:25 pm
I have sometimes gotten a package that had been opened and taped back together, I usually assume it happened at some point during delivery - maybe the package got damaged in some way, or they inspected the contents at the post office, whatever. It happens.

I would reseal the package and stick it in her mailbox without a note and without identifying myself to save her from embarrassment.

Presumably she knows what the prozac pills look like and how many are in a bottle so she would be able to tell that they were not tampered with.

tovasara

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:50 am
I didn't read all the responses - but I wanted to say I strongly suggest giving it to her (either by leaving it at her door or in person). Why take the chance that it gets lost, or into the hands of someone who won't be as discreet as you are trying to be.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:29 am
gp2.0 wrote:
I have sometimes gotten a package that had been opened and taped back together, I usually assume it happened at some point during delivery - maybe the package got damaged in some way, or they inspected the contents at the post office, whatever. It happens.

I would reseal the package and stick it in her mailbox without a note and without identifying myself to save her from embarrassment.

Presumably she knows what the prozac pills look like and how many are in a bottle so she would be able to tell that they were not tampered with.

This is my last try to explain what can happen here.

Dear imamother,

I order my anti-depressants through the mail, and mine showed up a day late and the package had been opened and taped up again. There was an anonymous post-it note from someone who said they were a neighbor who'd accidentally opened my package, but since the rx bottle has no tamper-proof packaging I have no idea whether it was touched or not--even though I counted the pills and the number in the bottle is the amount that's supposed to be there.

I called the mail order pharmacy, and they said I shouldn't touch the pills because the out packaging had been opened, but I really need my medication. I don't know what to do.

Signed,
Bronze Amother

Fox

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:10 am
I agree that an anonymous "re-delivery" is a bit creepy.

Can you fudge a bit and say, "Hi, Mindy! I was expecting a package of my own, and I was tearing the tape off this one when I noticed it was actually yours. I didn't disturb anything, but if something's broken, you can probably file a claim through FedEx."

Then immediately change the subject.

One of the trademarks of a polite adult is knowing information that is not acknowledged in public. So just as we don't hear certain noises, smell certain odors, or see certain sights, we presume that prescriptions belonging to other people are headache medicine.

Besides, I can think of a huge range of medications that would be more embarrassing than Prozac. Your neighbor may be sighing in relief!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:13 am
So have you given her her meds yet?

PAMOM

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 12:00 pm
OP, doing anything other than a version of what Fox says above may cause your neighbor big problems and/or a lot of out of pocket money. Just give her the pills already. I know you're trying to be sensitive but you didn't open a box of sx toys!

JMM-uc

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 1:13 pm
Is taking prozac really THAT embarrassing?

I vote for honesty, she might have a little fadicha but she'll get over it!

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 1:30 pm
PAMOM wrote:
you didn't open a box of sx toys!
Which I would probably just keep for myself and enjoy!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 1:41 pm
JMM-uc wrote:
Is taking prozac really THAT embarrassing?

I vote for honesty, she might have a little fadicha but she'll get over it!

What does fadicha mean?

JMM-uc

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
What does fadicha mean?

A fadicha is an embarrassing moment, but not one that you caused directly (it’s still embarrassing, though). For example, if you are sick during the flight and vomit on the person sitting next to you only to discover that he’s your future in-law’s rabbi, this is definitely a fadicha.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:05 pm
You could simply tell her something more private and embarrassing about yourself. For instance, when you return her Prozac tell her that you're so sorry for opening her package because you were expecting some prescription meds to help with your explosive diarrheal condition. There will forever be a special bond and understanding between you two. Cool

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:05 pm
I honestly don't think it's a big deal to tape it up and leave it on her step. I've gotten other people's mail before and I'll either drop it at their house or circle the address and put it in my mailbox for the postal service to re-deliver.

Also, if she is anything like me, she's probably checked the tracking and saw it as delivered. When this has happened to me, I've called the delivery company and made them track it down and get it to me.

Whoever the deliver person is could probably get in serious trouble or for putting prescription meds in the hands of the wrong person, and possibly endangering the person who needs the meds.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 7:46 pm
OP here...I knocked on the door and explained that this package was accidentally delivered to my house. Her teenage son answered the door and took it. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse. Truth is that there is nothing to be embarrassed about and I'm glad she got her meds.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 7:50 pm
amother wrote:
OP here...I knocked on the door and explained that this package was accidentally delivered to my house. Her teenage son answered the door and took it. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse. Truth is that there is nothing to be embarrassed about and I'm glad she got her meds.

Good job, OP, I know you were worried about fallout.

Now, go have a much-deserved cocktail!

PAMOM

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 7:51 pm
You did good!!

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 7:57 pm
amother wrote:
This is my last try to explain what can happen here.

Dear imamother,

I order my anti-depressants through the mail, and mine showed up a day late and the package had been opened and taped up again. There was an anonymous post-it note from someone who said they were a neighbor who'd accidentally opened my package, but since the rx bottle has no tamper-proof packaging I have no idea whether it was touched or not--even though I counted the pills and the number in the bottle is the amount that's supposed to be there.

I called the mail order pharmacy, and they said I shouldn't touch the pills because the out packaging had been opened, but I really need my medication. I don't know what to do.

Signed,
Bronze Amother

Yes I read your post. I meant to ask you directly - what kind of tampering are you afraid could happen? I googled prozac pills and they are very distinctive looking, green and white and labeled. Are you saying you think someone would steal the prozac pills and then bother to find other green and white pills and label each individual pill as "prozac" and replace them and return the package? Why would anyone bother? They would just steal the pills. I am genuinely curious about what kind of scenario would constitute the pills being dangerous to take.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 7:59 pm
MrsDash wrote:
You could simply tell her something more private and embarrassing about yourself. For instance, when you return her Prozac tell her that you're so sorry for opening her package because you were expecting some prescription meds to help with your explosive diarrheal condition. There will forever be a special bond and understanding between you two. Cool

I finally read through this drama, and thank you for the laugh, mrs dash!! Smile

Happy18

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:02 pm
MrsDash wrote:

I'm in the process of getting my teething toddler to sleep and had to restrain myself from cracking up.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:03 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Yes I read your post. I meant to ask you directly - what kind of tampering are you afraid could happen? I googled prozac pills and they are very distinctive looking, green and white and labeled. Are you saying you think someone would steal the prozac pills and then bother to find other green and white pills and label each individual pill as "prozac" and replace them and return the package? Why would anyone bother? They would just steal the pills. I am genuinely curious about what kind of scenario would constitute the pills being dangerous to take.

I think you're being naive. (Respectfully.) There is a reason that drugs come in safety packaging, because tampering is a real thing. I wouldn't go near my pills if I thought that someone other than the pharmacist touched them. There is precedent here, re: tampered with drugs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....rders

(And I'm not sure about Prozac specifically, but if we're talking about generic drugs they often are very different looking than their peers. One month my generic Lamictal is blue, the next it's white. I hope I'm making sense here.)

Fact is, drugs are safety packaged for a reason.

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:27 pm
I cannot understand the need of such a plethora of comments...

Reseal the box.
Stick a post it on it that says "This was delivered to my home by mistake."

At 4:00 AM just slip out of your home and leave it at her door.

Mission Impossible is NOW Mission Accomplished!!!

<Tom>
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics