Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Delivery to the "Occupied Territories"

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:18 am
My parents had some furniture shipped to Israel with Dolphin Express. They said they don't deliver over the green line, so we had it delivered in Jerusalem and then dealt with it on our own. I'm not sure if it just wasn't big enough to make it worthwhile for them, or if we could have argued, but it seems odd to me that they have that rule. (So many popular places are "over the green line"!) Anyway, now we want to send a bigger shipment. Does anyone have experience with companies that do or do not give you problems if you're in the shtuchim? Thanks!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:21 am
Ugh, what a pain. They probably made that rule to keep their insurance prices down. "Rock throwers, blah blah blah… "

I hope you find a company that deserves your hard earned money.

mandksima

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 3:12 am
We shipped nine years ago with them over the Green Line. That is weird if they changed policies. Sorry, can't help.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 4:31 am
My parents made aliyah last summer and their shipment was shipped to the port and from there it was shipped to gush etzion, over the green line. There were no problems. Try finding out names of shippers that have no problem with over the green line. (I can ask my parents the name of the shippers that they used if you would like)

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 4:41 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
My parents made aliyah last summer and their shipment was shipped to the port and from there it was shipped to gush etzion, over the green line. There were no problems. Try finding out names of shippers that have no problem with over the green line. (I can ask my parents the name of the shippers that they used if you would like)

If you could find out, that would be great, thanks! (The issue was probably just my mom giving in too easily, or having another option anyway.)

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 5:35 am
When I spoke to Dolphin last year, they were willing to ship to the gush. In the end we used Sonigo, and they waived the 250 shekel surcharge for "security" for going over the green line

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:08 am
If you have another option Use it and make sure to let this shipping company know exactly why you're not using them. A shipping company now decides the borders of Israel? Maybe this shipper is running to be a Chaver Knesset (why not? everyone else in the country does Smile). We once had our Rosh Moetza (happily) write a very harsh letter to an Israeli store that didn't want to deliver here (don't remember what happened in the end).

PAMOM

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:35 am
When we rented a car in Israel, the insurance that came with it specified that we weren't covered if we crossed the Green Line
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions