Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Wattsap group

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:56 pm
I mite be in wrong forum
Anyone know of a watssap group just to chat n socialize.Smile
Tia

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:00 pm
I thought whatsapp works the other way around. You get the numbers of people you know and chat with them.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:03 pm
Yes it normally works like that
But there are some groups on wattsap that are made for such
I'm looking to meet new friends n people .Smile

lucky14

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:32 pm
that's such a sketchy/unsafe way to go about that.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:33 pm
lucky14 wrote:
that's such a sketchy/unsafe way to go about that.

I agree.

I am not a member of the troll patrol, but OP, why couldn't you use your screen name?

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:49 pm
I didn't use my screenname cuz some of you know who I am and wasn't comfy doing that .

And I don't know why some of you jump to conclusions to think everyone that posts a "different" kind of a topic must be a troll. Seriously ?!?

I'm definitely not a troll , yes I am a more quiet nature and looking to make some new friends and figured this watt sap might be an option to connect. Is that so off??

Why would it be unsafe if it's a kosher heimish ladies wattsap group like any other kinda wattsap group.
Don't see what You pole are jumping at . Sorry!

mommy best

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 12:00 am
Find out from the ppl you know abt recipe groups on WhatsApp

momX4

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 12:03 am
I know that there is somewhere a from whatssup group for avid readers to discuss books. No idea how to sign up for it.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 12:11 am
I thought the whole point of WhatsApp was to connect with your existing connections.
Why not join Facebook and friend people there? I think WhatsApp is a lot more personal and I know that while I'd accept a friend request from a stranger (if it's a friend's friend) on Facebook, I would definitely not WhatsApp with a stranger (even if it's a friend's friend).

onedollar19

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 3:23 pm
There's a big difference between whatsapp and facebook and I would understand if OP is on whatsapp but not on facebook.

Usually these groups are something you hear from someone who heard it from someone and you ask them to add you...

singlemom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 3:26 pm
Its not a bad idea but it's kinda personal....

youngishbear

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 3:44 pm
1 - wrong forum
2 - it's whatsapp not wattsap
3 - looking for personal connections with and contact information for women
4 - as amother
5 - with zero background or personal information (like, for example "I moved out of town to a place with no other frum women and I'm desperate for new friendships")

To me this adds up to look more suspicious than a poster asking innocent questions about intimacy.

Now, before OP gets offended or upset, I AM NOT CALLING HER A TROLL, I'm just trying to help her understand that no one would share whatsapp contact information with an anonymous amother.

Last edited by youngishbear on Tue, Jul 21 2015, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 3:50 pm
Um whatsapp is sharing your personal cell number!! I doubt a stranger would want to do that.

I think what you're looking for is a Facebook chat thing, you can find frum women on there as well.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 4:04 pm
OP, to clarify, when posters say it is unsafe they don't mean whatsapp itself. They mean obtaining numbers of anonymous women here. It is unsafe for me to post my number publically, and it is unsafe for you to contact soneone online claiming to be a youngish bear. You want to know something about the other person first, or start with a sustained online relationship that evolves into a friendship, before exchanging cell phone numbers.

sky

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 4:31 pm
JMM-uc wrote:
Um whatsapp is sharing your personal cell number!! I doubt a stranger would want to do that.

I think what you're looking for is a Facebook chat thing, you can find frum women on there as well.

I belong to a group were they send out an inspiring video a day. It doesn't list the numbers of any other members. Not sure how such groups work.

[I strongly suggest against joining a random unknown watsapp group)

sourstix

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 7:11 pm
so tell me ladies, what is the difference between texting to my sister for instance and having whatsapp? does wa mean its more then one person? and its texting only? or its pic and videos too? please help me understand as I am clueless or guide me to a website to understand I am so technologically poor.

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 9:29 pm
Try joining a facebook group.

While I myself don't really enjoy those types of groups, there are tons of them in existence.

Like there's a well known group (which I am not part of) called What's For Supper
And tons of people (again, not me) are on I Don't Cook But I Give Out Recipes

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 10:00 pm
sourstix wrote:
so tell me ladies, what is the difference between texting to my sister for instance and having whatsapp? does wa mean its more then one person? and its texting only? or its pic and videos too? please help me understand as I am clueless or guide me to a website to understand I am so technologically poor.

It's a Web based texting platform. You can text regular messages, which is what I use for. Sending pics becomes really simple. You can also hit a button, record a voice message, and hit send and your sister will hear you. Or you can do that with video. You also have the ability to create groups so that you send one message and everybody receives it and everybody receives all the other people's replies to that message as well.
Great for keeping up with family.
Really, nothing bad with it. Except when bad people use it to do bad things.
Just makes things more accessible.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 11:10 pm
Thanks all for your responses
I guess you all do have a point about the idea of unsafe whattsap .
I guess I'll have to see my other options or find someone I know and add me..

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 9:11 am
sourstix wrote:

And the best part of it is the long distance. As long as you have internet connection, you can text and call someone long distance for free. Thumbs Up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics