Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Movers come tomorrow - PRAY FOR ME!!
1  2  3  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 9:59 pm
Oh my gosh, I am SO not ready for this. The house is a disaster. I haven't done half the things I've wanted to do. Last minute, they want a ton more paperwork submitted.

Our flight isn't until the 28th, and I don't even know what we're going to have to sleep on between now and then. I'm still trying to borrow mattresses from someone.

Panic stricken doesn't even begin to describe it. I need HUGS! (and valium)

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 10:01 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Oh my gosh, I am SO not ready for this. The house is a disaster. I haven't done half the things I've wanted to do. Last minute, they want a ton more paperwork submitted.

Our flight isn't until the 28th, and I don't even know what we're going to have to sleep on between now and then. I'm still trying to borrow mattresses from someone.

Panic stricken doesn't even begin to describe it. I need HUGS! (and valium)

if you were in BK I'd come over with some xanax. wine helps (not mixed with the xanax!)

FF! breathe! ((((((((((((((((((((FF)))))))))))))))))))

studying_torah

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 10:04 pm
Deep breaths, lots of chocolate and remember it will get done!
Can you snag some community members to help w last minute preps and matresses?
Wishing you a safe journey and an easy transition!! ✈️

workaholicmama

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 10:05 pm
Hatslucha FF!!! Hope you get some shut eye before they arrive!! And don't forget to drink enough!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 10:16 pm
workaholicmama wrote:
And don't forget to drink enough!!!

I'm drinking plenty! Cheers Drunken Smile

Oh wait, you mean water, don't you? embarrassed

sneakermom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 10:41 pm
This too shall pass!

I will have you in mind in my prayers. But remember it's all trivial. The main thing is you are moving to Israel. (That rhythms!)

Wishing you Bracha and hatzlacha!

ROFL

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 11:40 pm
Pray for you ? I am damned excited for you. How lucky are you to be making the move of my dreams. In less than a year you will be thinking back and saying that this was the best decision in your life. Go up and celebrate !

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 12:03 am
Yeah, this is so exciting! I opened this thread hoping it was you! Come on, you've been preparing for this for so long, even if you're not ready at least it's finally happening and the moving stress will soon be over! Wish I were at that point already... we're still holding by "wishful thinking."

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 12:09 am
As someone who gets stressed out by logistics and such, I cannot begin to imagine the stress and details involved in moving to another COUNTRY!! FF, I wish you MUCH much hatzlacha and strength with all the details! The move should go smoothly and easily in every aspect, you should feel Hashem with you every step of the way, and this should be a fantastic life change for your whole family! Tzeischem l'shalom!!

5mom

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 12:17 am
Good luck! I'm so happy for you and wish that things go as smoothly as possible.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 12:22 am
It will be fine.

There, there.

Stay close together and in close touch with your mentors.

You are pretty clever, it is well known. You can handle it. We want to hear all about it.

Sleep on a blanket on the floor. Don't worry.

Yes, hydrate, hydrate. Everybody has their own water bottle at all times.

The Israelis here will help at every turn.

Mazel Tov!

Teomima

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 12:49 am
When we made aliyah we slept on cheap pool air mattresses. They were great because we brought them to Israel too and slept on them till the shipment arrived. I agree ask for help from friends. People will come through for you. And welcome home!

hinenimuchan

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 2:34 am
Wonderful news!!! One of the best problems to have.

Focus today just on the big things that must go with the movers. You have time after to figure out where you'll sleep and what to do with the smaller stuff.

And remember (this is the only way I will ever get there when my time comes)
1) You can get anything you really need to live there there.
2) People are going there all the time, and will be happy to store non-urgent things for you and carry them over later.
3) As much as you'd like to have gone through everything, much of that can be deferred. It's like getting over-ready for Pesach. You have to prioritize and just give up on some things if you run out of time, and not give them a second thought. Take it unreviewed. Store it. Dump it unreviewed. Whatever you need to do to get yourself and the essentials there.

May you be blessed with siyata d'shmaya and contentment, now and always!!!

grace413

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 3:17 am
Hug Hug Hug Hug

Take deep breaths. Just like somehow we are always ready for Shabbat and Pesach, you will be ready to go when it's time; whatever you didn't get to was not meant to be done.

15 years later I still remember the frantic pace of the pre-aliyah weeks. When the movers came they started at one end of the house and I was still clearing out the closets in the bedroom. When the taxi came to take us to the airport, my DH was still taping boxes! On the bright side, it was such a relief getting on the plane, knowing that I now had nothing to do for 12 hours for the first time in 6 months (except keep my kids from killing each other).

We also bought air mattresses and slept on them in Israel til our lift came.

I'm very excited for you! I wish you much happiness and health and a quick and successful klitah here in EY.

And don't forget to join the Life in Israel forum when you get here!

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 4:14 am
I know you're stressed now, but I'm so happy to see that your plans are actually taking form and you're really coming. I'm sure it's crazy stressful now, and it will be the first few weeks when you finally arrive, but slowly and surely things will fall into place.

Take a deep breath imagine yourself in your amazing apartment in Nahariya, and taking a walk on the beach.

Is there anywhere you can rent mattresses or even sleeping bags - I'm sure there is such a service around.
I'm so excited for you. Good luck! As we say in Israel yihiye beseder.

etky

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 6:52 am
I can't believe your D-day has finally arrived.
I think it's normal to be panicked now that your plans are actually materializing.
After all, moving half way across the world is no small undertaking by any measure, no matter how well you've planned for it or how enthusiastic you are to move.
At least imamother is moving with you. Your on-line activity is one aspect of your life and routine that can remain constant. Not too long ago people didn't even have that familiar comfort to fall back on when they moved. Times really have changed.

imasinger

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 7:31 am
We go camping a lot, and there are wonderful, comfortable, self-inflating sleeping pads that pack down to almost nothing. Can you buy or borrow some?

Deep breaths. Like my attempts to make Shabbos, a move is something that, no matter how much you prepare in advance, there is always last minute craziness.

And, like Shabbos, it will happen, and life will work out.

I'm so excited for you and your family!

PAMOM

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 8:22 am
FF, I'm so excited for you! Look at it this way-- you'll be done soon and starting a wonderful adventure. Will you be able to see your husband more? You'll definitely have friends as soon as you land!

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:30 am
I am crying for you! I am just so excited! But you have my prayers too. Things fall into place, they generally do, and my bracha for you is that it not be with a thud. Amother because I say this all the time IRL.

Sanguine

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:48 am
So exciting!! The time has finally come. Make sure to join LII as soon as you get here so we can help to calm you.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions