Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Movers come tomorrow - PRAY FOR ME!!
Previous  1  2  3

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 1:44 am
So coming in so close to Shabbos, do you have plans? (You're invited here!)

animeme

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 4:47 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

In some good news, I am totally and completely cured of my arachnophobia. I've been terrified of spiders for years, and usually I have to gather up courage just to get close enough to swat them. The past two weeks have been TOTAL immersion therapy. shock Oh, my, gosh, I had no idea there were so many in the house and the garage, including a few black widow spiders.

Now, I am completely over spiders. Done. D.O.N.E. I found one crawling up my neck, slapped it away, and just kept on going like it was no big thang. Yeah, spider smacker, that's how I roll! Rolling Laughter

Ahem. For no reason, other than that I am tired and you are awesome:

Music Smack smack smack,
smack smack smack,
Smack that spider,
Smack that spider yeah...

(Think 'shake shake shake ')

Hatzlachah rabbah!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 12:36 pm
anon bcuz of personal details.

When my sister moved from Y'm to NY, her DH went himself there to pack up/deal with the movers/lift. He was there about a week Lag B'omer time. when he was ready to pack his own suitcase to come back he realized that the movers took his DIRTY SWEATY LAUNDRY out of the hamper. She got the lift in August!!! I cant imagine the smell!

These movers have seen everything go. They dont think for you. whatever's out they pack!

ruby slippers

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 2:23 pm
LOL! Just reminded me of one of our moves- had a bag of garbage sitting out- then it disappeared. I thought dh threw it out- guess what we find when unpacking- GROSs!!!!

theotherone

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 3:09 pm
Frantic Frummie-I really enjoy your writing and have been cheering you on from the sidelines for a long time. Do you have a blog or another way we can follow your exciting aliyah? Or are your imamother posts the closest thing to a blog? :-)

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 3:46 pm
Hatzlacha Rabba! So excited for you FF!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 7:41 pm
theotherone wrote:
Frantic Frummie-I really enjoy your writing and have been cheering you on from the sidelines for a long time. Do you have a blog or another way we can follow your exciting aliyah? Or are your imamother posts the closest thing to a blog? :-)

For sure I'm going to start a blog! My first entry is going to be "Lies My Movers Told Me."

I wanted to take pictures, but they packed my camera cable, so I can't upload them. They also packed my cell phone, and all my pajamas that I'd set aside. I'm sleeping in my clothes.

I keep looking for silver linings. Obviously, they didn't pack my computer like I'd asked, but it turns out that at the last minute I needed to print out a bunch of documents, and find another packing company to help me with the stuff that the original movers left behind.

B'H I found a frum company that was totally sympathetic to my last minute cry for help, so hopefully everything will go into a storage unit on Monday and I can arrange for a second lift at a later date.

I have what to make for Shabbos tonight, and because they left half my kitchen unpacked, I even have pots and pans. We're eating at a friend's for lunch, and borrowing mattresses so we aren't sleeping on the floor.

DD is a nervous wreck, so I keep reminding her of all the ways Hashem is taking care of us, and how this is all for our own good. (They didn't pack the wine opener! Yay! Cheers )

In the meantime, Xanax and codeine are my very best BFFs. (not together, and not with the wine!)

Oh, and I just found out that I may have a part time job waiting for me when we arrive! If I pack my computer in a suitcase and bring it along, I can start ASAP. Very Happy

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 2:06 am
Iymnok wrote:
So coming in so close to Shabbos, do you have plans? (You're invited here!)

Invitation is open!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 7:11 pm
Hashem is really looking out for me. The ONE pair of shoes the packers missed, was hiding under a suitcase. Guess what, they are canvas sneakers, exactly what I needed for Tish b'Av!

I also found a Jewish packing company to come and help me get all the stuff the original movers didn't take, and they are going to help me get everything left over into a storage unit. They will help me make a second lift at a later date, when we can afford it. They're also hauling all of the garbage to the dump for us. They are SO nice and accommodating, and really understanding how stressed we are, being so close to Aliyah.

It's really amazing to see all the little ways, when I think things have gone horribly wrong, that it's all been for the good. I just have to hang in there a couple more days!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 7:29 pm
How did the visit of your ex and dd work out in the end?

imasinger

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 7:29 pm
B"H, so glad to hear you are catching a few breaks in all the madness.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
How did the visit of your ex and dd work out in the end?

Hashem continues to work miracles for me. Ex is stuck in traffic right now, and won't be here until after havdalah. Very Happy

DD is fasting really well, and has only had a couple sips of lemon water. She's taking a nap at the moment. I am SO proud of her!

boysrus

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 9:04 pm
Hi Franticfrummie
just wanted to wish you good luck on your move! I hope everything goes well for you. Hang in there, soon you will be settled PG in our Holy Land.

mandksima

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 4:54 am
Good luck! I hope it is all smoothe sailing from here on!

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 5:59 am
Wow, FF!! I'm super excited for you! I'm wishing you all of the best and so much hatzlacha!!!

bandcm

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 7:02 am
I just read this thread, and I am humbled by your positive attitude. What a wonderful way to live, always noticing the good in middle of the muddle, and pointing out all the ways Hashem is taking care of you...you are asolutely an inspiration, Frantic Frummie.

tiredmommy

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 9:27 am
FF, I always enjoy your posts. Good luck and hope everything goes smoothly!!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions