Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
WHERE DO LUBAVITCH GIRLS BUY SHEITELS?
1  2  Next

spaghetti

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:47 am
Im looking for a long wavy wig- high quality..want it to last a good 5 years.

willing to spend 3500-4000.

What brand should I get and where to get it?

I live in Israel but coming to the US next week.

Thanks!

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:59 am
spaghetti wrote:
Im looking for a long wavy wig- high quality..want it to last a good 5 years.

willing to spend 3500-4000.

What brand should I get and where to get it?

I live in Israel but coming to the US next week.

Thanks!

What does this have to do with Lubavitch?
There are so many different brands....
Tori, shuly, Milano, Michal
Can't help you out though, becasue my expensive one ever was $1000

justcallmeima

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 11:34 am
Crown Heights Malkie Eckhaus. The best of the best of the best.

Chickpea

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 11:42 am
Tiki Dean. Feel free to pm me if you have questions.
https://m.facebook.com/tikideanwigs

potatoes

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 12:57 pm
Raizy Shwartz in Crown Heights is good

birthday

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 1:00 pm
Yaffa wigs crown Heights

trixx

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 1:41 pm
Yaffi is Brazilian hair very long and luxurious

Last edited by trixx on Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 1:46 pm
Here is your other one (it's good to have a few):

http://www.voguewigs.com/all-w.....h=620

http://www.paulayoung.com/sear.....+long

The bangs can be trimmed. In general the less you do to them the better, however. The style is baked in. Get a few and they last a year or two. They look better broken in, than when new.

This is a good shampoo. Five drops in cold water, press in a towel, dry on an open wig stand, not a Styrofoam one:

http://www.wilshirewigs.com/lo......html

heidi

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 2:04 pm
OP, I just saw the most beautiful sheitels in the park, worn by two Lubavitch women.
The reason she's asking Lubavitch (I think) is bcz. they have a shita to davka wear sheitels. Whereas in Kiryat Sefer it's kind of seen as less than preferable and thus should look sort of shaitely, Lubavitch women seem to have the most natural looking beautiful shaitels.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 6:28 pm
But there are dozens of other groups outside of Kiriat sefer and Chabad...

agreer

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 8:51 pm
I think she's asking about Lubavitch because lubavitchers (not all) wear long, beautiful, and good-quality shaitels, so they know where to get them.

Maybe she's lubavitch and wants to support a lubavitch shaitel macher.

SYA

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 8:55 pm
I second Raizy Schwartz. She helped me choose a style that would suite me and allowed me to think it over a few days without feeling pressured. I finaly got a sheital that fits me and looks good on me.

Ashrei

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 12:14 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Here is your other one (it's good to have a few):

http://www.voguewigs.com/all-w.....h=620

http://www.paulayoung.com/sear.....+long

The bangs can be trimmed. In general the less you do to them the better, however. The style is baked in. Get a few and they last a year or two. They look better broken in, than when new.

This is a good shampoo. Five drops in cold water, press in a towel, dry on an open wig stand, not a Styrofoam one:

http://www.wilshirewigs.com/lo......html

When I saw Dolly put up sheitel links I KNEW IT WOULD BE AWESOME!
Dolly you are a breath of fresh air. And OP can save about $3,452.75 (or $3,464.00 if she gets the shampoo too). Maybe now is a good time to pitch a fund for my kids' tuition...

J/k OP! Hatzlacha with your new sheitel, maybe it come to you with bracha and mazal.

(some day when I get up the guts to be different...)

trixx

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 2:56 am
Ashrei wrote:
When I saw Dolly put up sheitel links I KNEW IT WOULD BE AWESOME!
Dolly you are a breath of fresh air. And OP can save about $3,452.75 (or $3,464.00 if she gets the shampoo too). Maybe now is a good time to pitch a fund for my kids' tuition...

J/k OP! Hatzlacha with your new sheitel, maybe it come to you with bracha and mazal.

(some day when I get up the guts to be different...)

Wigs don't cost 4000. Red or blonde might, but a typical brunette color in long length is more 2000 range. Also I know synthetics are more cost effective but they're not the same. I bought a synthetic wig to travel with and it was so horribly fake to me compared to my beautiful shaitel with the natural highlights, and baby hair and gorgeous texture etc that I packed the synthetic away.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 3:21 pm
That may not have been a terribly good synthetic. As with human hair wigs, when you have seen one, you have NOT seen them all.

Some synthetics have mixed colors and look great. That one was probably all one color.

Synthetics in general must be washed once before you can see what it really can do. Nobody should be discouraged at how a synthetic looks right out of the package. At that time it looks too neat, too shiny. Wash it before you judge it. Then it will look natural, after one wash. They must also be styled with the fingers and sometimes you comb few hairs over the part. You have to get the hang of it. They are so cheap it's ok to buy a few wrong ones before hitting on the right one.

When you took it out of the suitcase, it was squashed. It needed to be shaken out hard.

Yes, only human hair is hair. Only silk is silk, too, but we wear polyester. It is possible to look very nice in a synthetic. Not quiiiiite as undetectable. Of course what costs more is better. But if it's eighty or two hundred versus three thousand, the difference in price might not be in proportion. It all depends. This is very personal.

When you buy a human hair one, there is a sheital macher, an expert stylist. When you buy a synthetic, you are acting as your own sheitel macher. So yes, it's more work. More patience is needed.

To each her own. I respect all personal decisions.

Beyla

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 3:28 pm
Shevy is amazing.

sky

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 8:09 pm
trixx wrote:
Wigs don't cost 4000. Red or blonde might, but a typical brunette color in long length is more 2000 range. Also I know synthetics are more cost effective but they're not the same. I bought a synthetic wig to travel with and it was so horribly fake to me compared to my beautiful shaitel with the natural highlights, and baby hair and gorgeous texture etc that I packed the synthetic away.

many brands only have long (not even very long) brunette for at least 2500 - 3000. and many go higher (Shevy, Kiki, Riki just to name a few)

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 8:48 pm
I'm also confused about the Lubavitch requirement.

And $4000....that seems like way over the top.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 2:17 pm
I am no expert, but Lubavitch seems to like you in a medium length bob, with a little wave but not extreme extremely curly, and very frequently, although not always, chestnut brown in color.

I am not aware of any need for the hair to be one kind or another kind.

As far as I know, if you get that look, it is not important what it's made of or what it cost.

Synthetics are particularly good at that exact look. Synthetics do chestnut brown color very accurately. They do that general style well too.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 3:13 pm
manhattanmom wrote:
I'm also confused about the Lubavitch requirement.

And $4000....that seems like way over the top.

Me too!! I always thought that girls didn't cover with sheitels and that was the prerogative of adult women upon marriage.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels