Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you keep your ketchup in the refrigerator?
Previous  1  2

Do you keep your ketchup in the refrigerator?
Yes  
 86%  [ 198 ]
No  
 13%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 229

lfab

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 11:30 am
I grew up keeping it out of the fridge and DH grew up keeping it in the fridge. After we got married I would put it away in the pantry and he would put it away in the fridge. After a while I got tired of not remembering who put it away last and where it was so now I just keep it in the fridge. And to those who say it's better cold I say it's just a matter of what you're used to- I happen to prefer it at room tempurature.

water_bear88

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 11:31 am
tigerwife wrote:
I keep it in the fridge. But then again, I keep most of my pantry in the fridge. I'm kind of terrified of infestation.

Same here. Also, it's about 33oC in the shade right now, at least that hot in the kitchen with Friday cooking and no AC. I'll trust room-temperature ketchup, but not human-body-temerature ketchup.

MrsDash

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 11:33 am
If you're not keeping it in the fridge, you're doing it wrong! Cool

youngishbear

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 2:50 pm
lfab wrote:
I grew up keeping it out of the fridge and DH grew up keeping it in the fridge. After we got married I would put it away in the pantry and he would put it away in the fridge. After a while I got tired of not remembering who put it away last and where it was so now I just keep it in the fridge. And to those who say it's better cold I say it's just a matter of what you're used to- I happen to prefer it at room tempurature.

I was sure the compromise would be one in each Wink

youngishbear

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 2:50 pm
lfab wrote:

I was sure the compromise would be one in each Wink

Laughing Bag!

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 3:45 pm
I do because my mom did and it says on the bottle to do it. Even if I'd want to keep it elsewhere I wouldn't have where do the fridge is still the best place for it. Smile

observer

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 5:26 pm
Interesting to see the replies!

I guess we go through ketchup quickly enough that it does just fine out of the fridge!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics