Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where does everyone buy their meat?
1  2  Next

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 8:45 am
Specifically jerusalem area. Is there any family style type of butcherys that aren't the regular supermarkets? My family is desperate for good quality meat and I just have no idea where to find it! Please help my shalom Bayit!

ahuva06

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 8:46 am
I could use a tip as well...

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 8:56 am
We buy from the South American sale. We store it in the deep freezer. You'll have to learn the numbers.
Chicken from bulk sales too.
A second freezer is worth it regardless of your family size .

3mitzvos

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 2:18 pm
We get our meat from Chofetz Chaim on Rechov Agripas. It's expensive, but if you're looking for American-style cuts, it's great. It also has a great hechsher -- Rubin.

juggling

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 2:25 pm
Actually we aren't big fans of chofetz Chaim. We bought it for a while, and still do buy their deli meats and hot dogs. As far as regular meats, be aware that they use a lot of additives. The meat is especially tender because of the additives. I generally buy hacker or fleish from the freezer, or adom adom if buying fresh. I am not in Jerusalem, so I can't recommend where to buy. You can research the numbers online and learn what cuts are good for what. They don't exactly correspond to American cuts, but they still come out tasty!

luppamom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 3:24 pm
I also buy from Argentina. It's the most affordable I've seen from the hechsherim I eat. The only thing is that you have to buy a lot at once. I don't like laying out all the money, but considering I was going to pay so much more at the grocery store, I did it. A friend bought some off of me which was perfect. I cut some of it up and put it in the chulent. Quality meat and ends up being cheaper than the basar lichamin.

milkshake

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 3:27 pm
How do I order from Argentina?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 3:38 pm
Buy Argentina meat!!! Very Happy Don't know if it's from us, but it might be and you'll help our parnasa Wink . Parnasa is always good.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 3:48 pm
How does one go about doing this?

luppamom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:01 pm
Try this number. 03-695-0066.

I think the sales around around YT, although maybe they'll do one in the summer. It doesn't hurt to call. Just a warning that you're going to have to buy a lot at once. You order by a case. IIRC, a case has 11-13 kilo inside. A case for meat like hamburgers and ground meat, has less in it. (I ordered ground meat twice and was pretty impressed. It stretched pretty far too.)

milkshake

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:04 pm
Whose hashgacha is it?

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:05 pm
Hackers

luppamom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:06 pm
milkshake wrote:
Whose hashgacha is it?

Rabbi Levine from Argentina.

kb

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:11 pm
There is a butcher in ramat shlomo that sells Argentina meat, and you don't have to buy by the case (though I'm sure it's cheaper that way.) He's very helpful with figuring out which meat to get.

02 6516452

Eta he delivers.

heidi

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:29 pm
Maadanei Habira.
Excellent hashgacha (check with them who). Straight through tzomet sanhedria (I think that's what it's called--

Shuly

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 6:08 pm
Hackers - Achinoam 12 in Sanhedria

alittlebirdie

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 6:14 pm
Most neighborhoods have small butcher shops that sell all types of meat. For example the butcher in my neighborhood brings in the Levin meat as well as other hechsheirim to accommodate the different types of pple. It depends where you will live. Finnd out what there is in your area first

merelyme

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 6:20 pm
Meat from Argentina, hechsher of Rav Levine.
Be forewarned that the price of meat is supposed to go waaay up before the chagim.
ביפלנד בע"מ
09-7414160
- fax 09-7604860
Befland-Marketing@befland.onmicrosoft.com

Sanguine

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 6:44 pm
Nothing to add, but isn't it time for us all to go to sleep???

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 6:45 pm
For the Argentina meat, do you need to buy a case or can you buy individual cuts?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions