Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where does everyone buy their meat?
Previous  1  2

alittlebirdie

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 3:45 pm
Now that you mentioned it I'll actually look at my watch to see what ttime it is!

alittlebirdie

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 3:47 pm
You can buy individual cuts

Sanguine

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 3:54 pm
The kids call it a Laila Lavan when they stay up all night. But can't you discuss meat tomorrow? Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night, Never drink coffee at night... Remind me next fast

luppamom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 3:59 pm
tigerwife wrote:
For the Argentina meat, do you need to buy a case or can you buy individual cuts?

If you're buying over the phone, you need to buy in bulk. I never heard of it being sold as indiv. pieces until this thread. I'm curious how much they charge for let's say a brisket. I think I paid 38 shekel per kilo. (But, I had to buy a lot.)

Thanks for the prices warning!

Sanguine, I slept too much during the fast. Having trouble sleeping now.

alittlebirdie

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:05 pm
My butcher sells indv cuts of Rabbi levines meat

luppamom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:07 pm
alittlebirdie wrote:
My butcher sells indv cuts of Rabbi levines meat

Do you remember what they charge? I'm rather curious.

alittlebirdie

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:10 pm
I don't remember the prices but I I know thatt it is cheaper to buy by the case. I think I paid 80 shk for a kilo and a drop of #5

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:14 pm
luppamom wrote:
If you're buying over the phone, you need to buy in bulk. I never heard of it being sold as indiv. pieces until this thread. I'm curious how much they charge for let's say a brisket. I think I paid 38 shekel per kilo. (But, I had to buy a lot.)

Thanks for the prices warning!

Sanguine, I slept too much during the fast. Having trouble sleeping now.

This is a fascinating convo simply because I'm a foodie and I like to understand regional costs of food. 38 per kilo shekels is what you would pay for fresh on the farm grass fed (non kosher beef) where I live. You would be buying whole, halves or 1/4. This would be considered excellent beef by consumer standards. The beef can be cut to your order and is packaged and frozen for long term storage. Fresh kosher on the farm beef is another story and requires a bit of work the costs work out to be the same, but for me I have the expenses of driving and gas and losing an entire day of my life, perhaps more.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:25 pm
magentayenta, kosher meat is a LOT more expensive.

40 sh = @10 euro. That is pretty good price for good quality meat.

I don't buy a lot of meat but I think I pay about 5-6 euro for 500gr of minced steak. From the supermarket, in a plastic tray.

Another mom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:29 pm
sanguine, you are so funny!!
I DID try to sleep for an hour but gave up and got up.I'm always restless after a fast!
The melatonin you gave me didn't work this time- Now u know who I am Smile

Yes it's wierd to discuss meat at this crazy hour!!!! Maybe bec. we havent had it for 9 days...

Good night all Israelis!!

luppamom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:37 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
This is a fascinating convo simply because I'm a foodie and I like to understand regional costs of food. 38 per kilo shekels is what you would pay for fresh on the farm grass fed (non kosher beef) where I live. You would be buying whole, halves or 1/4. This would be considered excellent beef by consumer standards. The beef can be cut to your order and is packaged and frozen for long term storage. Fresh kosher on the farm beef is another story and requires a bit of work the costs work out to be the same, but for me I have the expenses of driving and gas and losing an entire day of my life, perhaps more.

It's definitely cheaper than Mehadrin meat slaughtered in Israel. IIRC (it's been awhile since I bought meat not from the Argentina sale) it's about double.

dilego

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:43 pm
Hacker know what they sell they have south American shchita and local the local is more expensive but fresh

fluffernutter

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 4:45 pm
Another mom wrote:
I DID try to sleep for an hour but gave up and got up.I'm always restless after a fast!

Yes it's wierd to discuss meat at this crazy hour!!!! Maybe bec. we havent had it for 9 days...

Good night all Israelis!!

So I'm not the only nutty Israeli still up? I'm not sure how I'll function tomorrow! And this is without coffee - but thank you Sanguine for the reminder Smile

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:17 am
Another mom wrote:
I know someone IRL!! Now you let everyone know that I'm a drug pusher embarrassed . I took one melatonin and another half later and that did it.

etky

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:38 am
Raisin wrote:
magentayenta, kosher meat is a LOT more expensive.

40 sh = @10 euro. That is pretty good price for good quality meat.

I don't buy a lot of meat but I think I pay about 5-6 euro for 500gr of minced steak. From the supermarket, in a plastic tray.

40 Shekel a kilo (about $11) is just about what I pay for frozen supermarket chopped meat, not great quality at all, when it is on sale at the discount supermarket where I shop - here in Israel where kosher meat is the default. Are you saying that here in Israel we are paying the same as what Europeans pay for kosher meat?

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 7:32 am
You get a case of one cut of meat. Like one case of #3 (brisket) is 6-8 briskets in a box.
There was just a sale before the nine days. I'd imagine the next would be mid Elul.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 11:07 am
yo'ma wrote:
Buy Argentina meat!!! Very Happy Don't know if it's from us, but it might be and you'll help our parnasa Wink . Parnasa is always good.

FYI, we're not Levine Smile . Don't know who though. My dh doesn't know what it's called there, only here.

fluffernutter

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 2:48 pm
How do you find out about these sales? I would want to get before Yom Tov.

luppamom

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 3:14 pm
I see advertisements in these ad books we get twice a week. I posted a number upthread. Why not call them and ask when the next sale will be? Then, make yourself a note to order. (I'm not sure if they accept orders early when they're not working on a sale.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions