Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
"Are your Hands Full"- parenting book review

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 11:21 am
I saw this book, by Sara Yaroslowitz, in Eichler's. Did anyone here read it? is it good, and worth the money? TIA

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 8:37 pm
Anyone?

2cents

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 11:10 pm
I'll be watching this thread too! I saw it and was very interested, but it was close to fifty dollars, and I wanted to see some reviews first.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 11:59 pm
I have it. I'm just at the beginning of it. My dh read most of it. It makes sense and is written really well. I haven't implemented any of her ideas yet but it does plant some great ideas in your head.

avimom

Post Wed, Dec 16 2015, 9:59 pm
bump... any updates? curious about the book before shelling out that much money...

Queen6

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:39 am
Sari Yaraslowitz is tops. Her method is one of a kind. I listened to her shiur, her speeches, and now bought the book. She is very clear. You need to be very committed and willing to work when doing her method but its well worth. It will bring peace in your home, establish your authority, and calm you down as a a parent and your role in life.
I very much recommend.

Nicole

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:45 am
It is for parenting typical children only. I tried her methods with a child of mine who can be aggressive and angers easily and it was a disaster. Also imo works better with younger/smaller children. My 7.5 year old is physically very big and I wasn't able to implement the techniques with this child.

avimom

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:03 am
So u don't think it would work for an anxious ten year old?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
I have it. I'm just at the beginning of it. My dh read most of it. It makes sense and is written really well. I haven't implemented any of her ideas yet but it does plant some great ideas in your head.

What kind of ideas does she have? What types of techniques is she using?

Nicole

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 12:19 pm
avimom wrote:
So u don't think it would work for an anxious ten year old?

Oh for anxious I can't tell you. I'm referring to her behaviour management techniques.

Happy 2B

Post Sat, Dec 19 2015, 11:01 pm
I have it if you want to borrow it.
Funny think is I didn't realize how much it was!!! I was shocked and thought it was a mistake... I didn't finish reading it but I'm not reading it right now so if you want to borrow it pm me.

ludicrous

Post Sun, Dec 20 2015, 1:56 am
I have difficulty implementing her techniques when I am pregnant and / or physically weak, as her techniques can be very physical. does anyone else have that experience, and what to do?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:22 am
bumping this up. I've listened to some of her podcasts and enjoy it. anyone use her moethod??

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:32 am
she is an amazing therapist. Ive witnessed her in action. And she uses these methods for children with all types of special needs, as well as typical children. If you're having a hard time implementing her ideas, why don't you try contacting her for help?

Also, she has a second book for help with children 10 years and older.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:36 am
bumping this up

behappy2

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:18 am
She used to give parenting lectures on a women's hotline. It's very behavioral. Worked from age 2 to 4 and then was a disaster. This for my ADHD child. I really like sora chana Radcliffe, as she gives all around more advice to target all different types of children while still including behavioral approaches (book Balanced parenting)

Also I took the book out of the library later. Way cheaper that way...

rachelli18

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 12:08 pm
I read the book cover to cover and found it to be very clear, systematic and easy to read. She gave me the tools to become a more consistent, calm mother. If you take the time to read it through, it's a great resource.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers