Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Sensitive diapers or wipes?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 2:13 pm
First time mom here!

My one months old bottom is all red - not bumpy, just red. I newly switched her to the Target diapers from Pampers. Could the red be an indication that she's sensitive? If so, should I use sensitive wipes or diapers? We were using Huggies and Kirkland wipes. She isn't red everywhere - just on her bottom.

Thanks!

einstern

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 3:34 pm
I am also a first time mom but my little guy is 13 months now... In the first few months he had a rash/red tushie many times and what really helped was not using any wipes at all but cleaning with water only (which I still do) and letting the rash air dry. That meant that my ds was laying on my (or my dh's) belly without or with an open diaper and his bare bottom drying out in the open.
I had a little cup with breast milk (change a few times a day) on the changing table and applied it onto the rash every time I changed his diaper or when he was drying w/o diaper - this really helps better than any ointment or lotion or cream IMHO.
My doula also told me to take one of these pads for leaking breast milk and soak it in milk and put that into his diaper right onto his rash.
I cannot tell you that she for sure isn't sensitive or allergic but a rash is just something that happens quite a lot to babies in that age.
Sometimes they come from something you eat (oranges, kiwi, dairy ...) or sometimes they come because a diaper wasn't changed fast enough or from who knows what.
Good luck with it and mazal tov to becoming a Mommy!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics