Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Letting go of long-term housekeeper

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 12:03 am
I have a housekeeper who I "inherited" when I married my husband a few years ago. She has worked for him for about 10 years - thru many major life transitions including the death of his first wife. He has three teenage children - she's been around since they were very young. When we got married, several people asked if I would keep her. I did because our therapist at the time said I should for the kids as she is a "consistant" person in there life - when they have delt with so much loss. The housekeeper is ok, she knows the job, is trustworthy and respectful but not reliable. She is scheduled to work three full days but every week she is late or something happens to affect (or effect ?) her schedule. She has health issues so a lot is due to doctor appointments or feeling ill, or car breaks down or family stuff. It really frustrates me because I want to rely on her as I have a lot to manage including a 1.5 year old.

My friend's housekeeper/nanny is looking for work. She is supposed to be great! AND she has the nanny piece too which I could use now and even more so in the future since we are TTC.

I have never had a housekeeper before so I have a few questions for you amothers... 1) should I just stick with the housekeeper I have? Am I thinking there is the perfect person out there but I'm wrong? My friend said her housekeeper/nanny is SO great. 2) should I "try out" the potentially new lady? If yes, how - have her come work for a day trial? 3) How would I respectfully let my current housekeeper go?

Any advise is welcome!

Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics