Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Legally you cannot rape your wife.
Previous  1  2

Laiya

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 12:08 pm
Interesting.

I can hear how that doesn't sound like enough of a punishment, but nowadays b"d doesn't have the power to mete out (non-monetary) punishments.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 12:16 pm
DrMom wrote:
It seems to be a problem on both sides of the aisle.

Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders thinks women fantasize about gang rape. And this guy draws audiences of ten thousand Democratic followers.

http://jezebel.com/1972-bernie.....43130

Not exactly parallel since this was written in 1972 when Sanders was 22 and was an essay on the s-xual revolution. While it was a stupid essay, it was attempting albeit poorly, to make a point about fantasies and the male fantasy was just as stupid. And reading it in context, it wasn't a fantasy of a "gang rape" per se

Judging by the popularity of Fifty Shades, domination is not an uncommon female fantasy.

Barbara

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 12:22 pm
DrMom wrote:
It seems to be a problem on both sides of the aisle.

Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders thinks women fantasize about gang rape. And this guy draws audiences of ten thousand Democratic followers.

http://jezebel.com/1972-bernie.....43130

The best you can do is to pull out something that he said 43 years ago?

Dude was apparently into BDSM. Lots of people are. Who cares. I don't think he's electable. And even if he were, I highly doubt he'd ask for taxpayer funds to install a BDSM dungeon in the White House.

June

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 12:29 pm
Whatever. If we're going to turn this into a Republican vs Democrat thing, we can look no further than the fact that the majority of scandals involving immoral politicians involve Democrats.

My point is, both sides of the aisle reek.

Barbara

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 12:44 pm
June wrote:
Whatever. If we're going to turn this into a Republican vs Democrat thing, we can look no further than the fact that the majority of scandals involving immoral politicians involve Democrats.

Really?

Republican Former Speaker Dennis Hastert was indicted Thursday for allegedly violating federal banking laws by attempting to conceal $1.7 million in “hush money” to a male from his past.

Herman Cain allegedly s2xually assulted three women when he was the head of the Restaurant Association

Phillip Hinkle paid a man for z3x

Who can forget Mark Sanford and his Argentine honey?

Larry Craig, who claimed that he wasn't soliciting men for z3x in the restroom, but that he just had a "wide stance." (I still love that line, BTW)

Mark Foley.

Aaron Schock resigned in the wake of a congressional ethics investigation into reports that he used taxpayer money to fund lavish trips and events.

And I'm leaving out all the Republicans who "only" cheated on their wives. Which, frankly, I don't care about.

marina

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 12:46 pm
June wrote:

June, I'd like to see a nonbiased source for this claim. Thanks

Laiya

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 1:01 pm
This is all silly, and it's all a straw-man.

The fact is, the majority of Americans consider themselves to be slightly right of center. Extremists on either side generally don't get elected--and if they do, it's only bec. they were able to convince voters that they're really more centrist.

June

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 1:03 pm
You conveniently ignored my point that corruption is non-partisan. Politicians are the worst kind of humans, IMO, which is why I'm probably not going to bother with an absentee ballot come 2016. There's no one worth voting for.

I don't have a source and will try to look up the stats later, but I get my news from a variety of sources, and it does seem like more corruption is coming out of the Democrat side.

I was responding to those who immediately jumped to saying all Republicans are stupid because of some guy's stupid remarks, trying to make the point that if you want to turn this into a partisan thing, you can say Democrats disrespect women because of some high-profile scandals on the part of Democrats.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 1:06 pm
Laiya wrote:
This is all silly, and it's all a straw-man.

The fact is, the majority of Americans consider themselves to be slightly right of center. Extremists on either side generally don't get elected--and if they do, it's only bec. they were able to convince voters that they're really more centrist.

I'm about as left as they come and I will often vote for a centrist because they can accomplish a bit more they the outliers on either end of the spectrum.

That being said, Bernie is a pretty much an Eisenhower progressive nowadays.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics