Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Exciting day trips in the Catskills for young kids?

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 1:00 pm
Looking for exciting day trips for young children in the catskill area. We are actually staying near Hunter but willing to travel aboout an hr or so.
The children are young so hiking and boating are not ideal. Looking for nice farms, amusement parks ect.
Any suggestions?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 1:12 pm
amother wrote:
Looking for exciting day trips for young children in the catskill area. We are actually staying near Hunter but willing to travel aboout an hr or so.
The children are young so hiking and boating are not ideal. Looking for nice farms, amusement parks ect.
Any suggestions?

Check out the county fairs. A lot are going on now. Plenty of them are pretty cheap

sky

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 1:28 pm
The chair lift at KaatskillMtnClub is very nice. We did that with young children. just hold on tight.

Lots of fun ideas here: http://jewishmountaintop.com/attraction.php

There is also a small zoo nearby where you can feed the animals and watch a gorilla show. - Fantastic for toddlers. They also have a play area and a bounce house and train ride. I think this is it: http://www.bailiwickranch.com/zoo.html

south Lake North Lake Park (I think that is the name) is very pretty to go for a picnic and walk.

I think there is a fire station museum nearby.

Minnewaska State Park is really gorgeous. It is easy to do the walk with a stroller. (Its on the way back to NY IIRC if want to do when ending trip).

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 2:01 pm
Thanks sky for all your ideas, would you happen to know where we can do a nice ferry ride?

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 3:30 pm
Not sure if it is near hunter but we like kelder's farm, there are some petting animals, a really nice pick-your-own field,and a mini farm museum plus picnic/play area. Very young children suitable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics