Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
A place to stay for few days in Brooklyn.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 1:25 pm
I'm going to be by myself in Brooklyn for few days. Is there an affordable place to stay in Brooklyn or close by?

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 1:29 pm
Many people have hachnosas orchim apartments that they give out free of charge.
Find out it people have in the area your staying

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 6:12 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Thanks

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 5:48 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Op here
How do you find out about the hachnosas orchim apartments? I need to be there next week and the people that I thought I was staying with are going out of town.

alwayscooking

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 10:11 pm
Avenue plaza hotel is really nice and in great location! If ur going urself treat urself u won't regret it and I beleive they have a free breakfast.
Good luck

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 10:53 am
alwayscooking wrote:
Avenue plaza hotel is really nice and in great location! If ur going urself treat urself u won't regret it and I beleive they have a free breakfast.
Good luck

Op here
Thanks for the advise. I just called and it is $179 a night. I really don't want to pay so much. I hope I won't need to.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 2:54 pm
It's really hard to find hachnasas orchim apartments. They are few and far between.
I'm a born and bread Brooklynite and I myself have never been able to procure such an apartment for any of my guests or visitors I know.
So unless you know someone with such an apartment who has availability and can handle visitors I don't know how much you can count on it.
Apartment rentals here by the night or week are in the hotel price range or more expensive because of size. And even those are snapped up quickly and hard to come by.
I wish it weren't so.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 5:00 pm
What about chassan kallah apartments? Is that the same thing as hachnasas orchim apartments? My husband and I stayed in one for our Shabbos sheva brachos a few years ago.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 5:02 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
What about chassan kallah apartments? Is that the same thing as hachnasas orchim apartments? My husband and I stayed in one for our Shabbos sheva brachos a few years ago.
today there is a minimum of 3 month lease in the furnished apartments in Boro Park.
But there are rooms available by the night or week. Hard to find but they are there and they cost like a city hotel.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 5:13 pm
Is it any different in Flatbush? We stayed in Flatbush and just for a shabbos and didn't pay anything.

On another note, have you heard of the assisted living center Ateret Avot? I heard that they rent out rooms sometimes to out of town guests but I don't know if that's still accurate. Maybe look into that. They are located on Avenue N and East 9th or 10th street.

chulentalakiddush

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 6:12 pm
airbnb? I've had good experiences with it.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 19 2015, 11:13 pm
Perhaps the Brooklyn Suites on Parkville Ave would be good for you. I googled it. The number is 718.501.3911.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
Perhaps the Brooklyn Suites on Parkville Ave would be good for you. I googled it. The number is 718.501.3911.

Op here.
I called ateret avot and Brooklyn suits and they charge the same price as the ave plaza hotel. Around 180 a night which is very expensive.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 12:16 pm
Did you try midwood suites?

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 2:01 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Did you try midwood suites?

I called mid wood suits. An Israeli man called Erez answered the phone. He told me that he has rooms with a shared bathroom. It is $59 a night. After I asked him about the website he said the rooms in midwood suits are full and the place he offered me is called room 945 and it is a house on ave J and east 15th. It is a house with about 8 rooms. It sounds weird.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 20 2015, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
I called mid wood suits. An Israeli man called Erez answered the phone. He told me that he has rooms with a shared bathroom. It is $59 a night. After I asked him about the website he said the rooms in midwood suits are full and the place he offered me is called room 945 and it is a house on ave J and east 15th. It is a house with about 8 rooms. It sounds weird.

I don't know about the shared bathroom, but isn't midwood suites on J and 15th? They have two places. Also one on H.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics