Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do You work in healthcare administration?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 10:23 pm
Anyone work as a healthcare administrator? Can you tell me about the job/ job options/ salary etc. looking to go into it and just want to hear from frum PPP in the field... Anon cuz discussed irl

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 10:39 pm
Like a nursing home administrator? I'm not, but my DH is. The hours can be very long and unpredictable, and he is always "at work" even when he's home. We always say that it wouldn't be a good job for a mother unless her children are grown. Maybe a CALA (certified assisted living administrator) position would be better.

Salary depends on experience, location, and facility (that goes for benefits too). There isn't much room for growth but there is some, I.e. you can work up to regional admin or other corporate position, but some people use their administrator's license and experience to work in related fields.

Depending on where you are, you'll have to take a course and do a training period of about a year and then pass a licensing exam.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 10:47 pm
I didn't mean nursing home but healthcare... Like in a hasc office, and can move up to a hospital or any agency that gets healthcare benefits

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 8:30 pm
You have to have either clinical and educational experience or work your way up from a counselor postion to work in an agency such as HASC.
Tell me more about what you are looking for ?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:06 pm
I work in special Ed now. I've done aba, was a teacher in a self contained class etc. I'm looking to move up a little to a different part of the field. I was directed to this field and wanted to know about it. I don't want a full time 24/6 type of job but yet I want something fulfilling, with growth etc. And still want to have time for my own family

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:02 pm
Look into medical billing or coding - a LOT of opportunity in those fields, pretty good pay, and not MUCH training (though I don't know details). In terms of growth though - maybe a supervisor role eventually?

If you're more interested in hands on - a good place to start is managing a practice (like, a doctor's office). You can work your way up to a large hospital owned practice - which can pay Very well.

ROFL

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:30 pm
I presume since you were teaching you have a degree in education. How about looking towards a degree to becoming a principal?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:42 pm
Don't think medical billing is for me. I want a higher pay than that and don't want a job in front of a computer all day... Any other options would be great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics