Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Please recommend your favorite booster/car seat for 3yo

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:42 pm
my son is outgrowing his infant car seat so I need to put him in my daughters 3 in 1. I'm looking for a booster with a five point harness that will grow with her so I won't have to keep buying new ones.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:00 pm
He should still be rear facing, and you should look for a convertible that will last a long time. Separate boosters are fairly cheap when you really are up to that stage.

cfriedman2

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:45 pm
we love our diono radian rxt. It rear faces forever, is very narrow, and has a very long lifespan

smss

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:52 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
He should still be rear facing, and you should look for a convertible that will last a long time. Separate boosters are fairly cheap when you really are up to that stage.

I JUST switched my just-3-year-old's car seat around to forward-facing. I am very pro RFing as long as possible, but at this age, that time had come Smile

Have you really managed to RF much past 3?

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 9:27 am
A three year old she. She's been front facing for a while and she won't let me rear face her now. All
I want is a recommendation of something affordable and strong. And comfortable. From personal experience.
Please sanctmommies don't tell me I'm endangering my child's life just please answer the question.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 9:34 am
I'm sorry, I mixed up the baby and the older daughter -- I thought you were trying to get a combination seat for your baby so you wouldn't end up having to switch your daughter out of the 3-in-1. My bad! I need more sleep Wink I didn't mean you should switch your older daughter back to RF.

There are many options, some that work better than others, depending on the size of your vehicle or model you have, your budget, etc. And I will stick with part of what I said; sometimes a convertible is a better option than a combination because there are more choices on the market, and then get a standalone booster later. Especially if IY"H you will have future kids to pass things down to anyway. You can spend $20 on a booster when you get to that point.

So what is your budget? What is your lifestyle in terms of transportation (do you own a car and will leave it installed, do you travel long distances often, etc)? Do you have a car or minivan? Are you planning on growing your family and will need to preserve space with skinnier seats?

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 10:17 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I'm sorry, I mixed up the baby and the older daughter -- I thought you were trying to get a combination seat for your baby so you wouldn't end up having to switch your daughter out of the 3-in-1. My bad! I need more sleep Wink I didn't mean you should switch your older daughter back to RF.

There are many options, some that work better than others, depending on the size of your vehicle or model you have, your budget, etc. And I will stick with part of what I said; sometimes a convertible is a better option than a combination because there are more choices on the market, and then get a standalone booster later. Especially if IY"H you will have future kids to pass things down to anyway. You can spend $20 on a booster when you get to that point.

So what is your budget? What is your lifestyle in terms of transportation (do you own a car and will leave it installed, do you travel long distances often, etc)? Do you have a car or minivan? Are you planning on growing your family and will need to preserve space with skinnier seats?

My budget is preferably not more than 100$ but I'd spend a little more for a good one. I own a minivan so I can leave it installed. I won't have another baby before two years, and then he/she will have the infant car seat for another two years. So I'd want something that will be good until she's seven with having to stock up on more and more car seats/boosters. It's not just the expense it's the clutter and storage space.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 10:27 am
Just make sure your infant seat won't expire before 4 years from now though!

Take a look at the Harmony Defender for that budget.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics