Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
White underwear

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:18 pm
I know this SHOULD be something I can figure out with the internet at my disposal, but I'm getting so frustrated that I'm turning the case over to you.

Sent DH to the laundromat and ALL my white underwear, and somehow just about only my white underwear, didn't come back and isn't in their lost and found or anywhere. And of course this happened at a most inconvenient time. So I need more, STAT.

I want to buy only white, no "assorted" because I have no need for ridiculous designs. Much of what I'm finding comes in assorted packs.

It needs to be cotton. Preferably 100% cotton but I could probably live with a blend as long as it's mostly cotton. Every time I think I found something that's white and looks right, it turns out to be nylon or something.

It needs to be comfortable. In black I have some seamless, those are cool. My current whites have (had. sob.) seams and didn't bother me much, though. So maybe I'm not as sensitive as I thought. But one thing that I almost ordered had a zillion reviews saying the waistband rolls down. No thanks. And I don't want high-cut leg holes, I don't like the feel of the edge of fabric up there. And I prefer for the top to be medium - not cutting across my bellybutton, but not bikini-low either. No lace, lace is itchy.

I am looking all over and can't find anything that is all-white, cotton or mostly-cotton, cut low around both the legs and waist, not lacy, and not with a very low average rating.

Also, since I need to replace my entire stash at once, and I prefer not to have to wash laundry more than once a week, this really needs to be affordable. I need a non-assorted pack, I think, because I can't replace my entire under-wardrobe with individual panties at $10 each. Not happening.

OK, you've got your mission - go! Winner gets the official imamother panty-finding badge 8)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:20 pm
I'm pretty sure my comfy, se-xy all white underwear are cotton and from American apparel.

sheifelah

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:23 pm
Can you look in target?

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:31 pm
Get Jockey comfies! They are amazing! I have Jockey comfies for my black underwear, and Hanes for my white b/c it's cheaper. I hate the Hanes so much I really want to buy the Jockies, and some day I will...

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:35 pm
Hanes.com

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:36 pm
Would you believe that a couple of years ago, I needed new dark underwear and found Jockey comfies in white on clearance for so cheap that I just bought a whole bunch of whites and dyed the whole lot because I had no need for whites at the time? My Hanes, despite being less comfortable, were still in fine condition and I needed them so rarely that I just put up with it. Now, though, I find myself wearing white enough of the time that if I'm going to buy a whole new stock they may as well be comfortable. However the comfies are $10 a pair so there must be SOMETHING that's comparable but not that expensive.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:
Would you believe that a couple of years ago, I needed new dark underwear and found Jockey comfies in white on clearance for so cheap that I just bought a whole bunch of whites and dyed the whole lot because I had no need for whites at the time? My Hanes, despite being less comfortable, were still in fine condition and I needed them so rarely that I just put up with it. Now, though, I find myself wearing white enough of the time that if I'm going to buy a whole new stock they may as well be comfortable. However the comfies are $10 a pair so there must be SOMETHING that's comparable but not that expensive.

I think I got them for more like $5-7 a pair at a Jockey outlet store.

mom2be1

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:43 pm
Gap body has white high cut briefs that are comfy and if you get them with a good discount they can be about $3-$5 a pair.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:55 pm
Here you go. $5 a pair.

http://www.jockey.com/catalog/.....=True

Or these: http://www.jockey.com/catalog/.....=True

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:58 pm
Sorry, just realized those aren't white!

momto2

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 11:12 pm
I like to buy the jockey 3 packs. Kohls usually has them for a decent price and there are always coupons you can find online. Most varieties come with all 3 pairs in white.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 12:21 am
I'll check out Kohls because on Jockey site the 3-packs were all assorted.

Gap I'm seeing $10.50 a pair with maybe 25% coupon code. Not so cheap but not a disaster either. Didn't see any way to even approach $3-5 a pair.

What/where is a Jockey outlet? Intrigued.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 1:12 am
Yay, Kohl's has white-only packs of almost everything! Prices not outrageous either, though I think I'm going to stick with Hanes and hope they are better than my old ones and hope not to have to do too many white-day repeats.

Bummer that they don't qualify for free shipping. I don't need THAT many. Still better than $10 each and still better than "colors may vary." Now I just need to decide which ones.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 6:56 am
Jockey, Hanes, etc.
In any dept store or Target-like store.

It's not so difficult to find white cotton underwear.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 1:02 pm
amother wrote:
I'll check out Kohls because on Jockey site the 3-packs were all assorted.

Gap I'm seeing $10.50 a pair with maybe 25% coupon code. Not so cheap but not a disaster either. Didn't see any way to even approach $3-5 a pair.

What/where is a Jockey outlet? Intrigued.

You know, like at an outlet mall? Is that just an OOT thing? It's like a big strip mall with lots of different stores that sell the same stuff as the regular stores, but at cheaper prices.

mommy08

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 1:59 pm
I just ordered from amazon

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 9:22 pm
Walmart!
They have all white packs-7 or 10 pairs per pack. I like the Hanes bikini and go a size up then my skirt size. They don't have that piece in the cr*tch that is not attached. Everything I seen down and comfortable.

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 9:33 pm
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb.....2C189

trixx

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 12:05 am
Found a seller on eBay and stocked up. 6 pairs for $10 shipped, but they are bikini
So try eBay, that was cheaper than amazon or Kohls for what I wanted. EBay has sellers that buy huge quantities in China and resell them, it's not like you're buying someone's used pair
Like this
http://m.ebay.com/itm/32158204.....26699
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics