Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What to do in teveria and tzfas?

rmbg

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 2:14 am
My husband and baby and I are planning a day up to Teveria and Tzfas while we are in Israel. We do not plan on staying over night. What are the main "attractions"? I know about kever rabbi akiva and kever of the rambam in teveria but what other things should we be seeing there? what about tzfas? besides for the arizal;s mikvah? all I know is that we must go to these two cities...

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 2:23 am
In Tzfas besides the Ari Hakodesh there is the Alkovitz from. Lecht Dodo , Chana and the seven sons, Reb Pinchas ben Yair- you walk around without stopping and Reb. Label bal Yissurim supposed to go Friday after chaos. There are many more. In town the shops are very interesting. In Tveryia there are also Talmud Bal Shem the Shelah Hakodesh Rambam many more. You can take a boat and many delicious fish places

LisaS

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 4:12 am
Tveria: Rabbi Meir Baal hanes. There are more things to see, but it tends to be be very hot and humid in the summer, and I'd be worried about schlepping the baby too much in the heat.

Tzfat: candle factory, cave of Shem and Ever, just walking through artists quarter. You can get a tour which makes everything so much more interesting. I forget the name of the Rabbi who gives tours. Does anyone remember?

EBY

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 9:57 am
There is an amazing mehadrin fleishig restaurant on the water in Teveria called Decks. They sometimes play loud music with mixed dancing there though but maybe not every night (not like a club or anything, just a song or two for someone's birthday)? So it might be worth looking into.

Also there are absolutely beautiful hikes around there if you like nature. The cemetery in Tzfat is all the way at the bottom though and a lot of walking so you might want to think about sending your husband to the Ari mikva on his own -- I can't see how you could get around the cemetery with a stroller (in general tzfat is tough with a stroller especially in August heat during crowded tourist season...)

innovative mom

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 10:16 am
In tzfat Rabbi Rottenberg gives a tour around the city. It is VERY well worth it. We've been there with and without a tour and there is no comparison!
In Tiberius a boat ride on the water is a beautiful idea. It's near many eateries. Like the above posters mentioned, there's rev Meir Baal haness, the rambam, the shelah hakadosh. There are some more but don't remember specifics it was many years ago. However we took a chareidi taxi driver who took us around to all the kvarim.

trixx

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 12:10 pm
Tiveria is not that big - stop off at Rambam, go to "tayelet" the promenade/boardwalk at kineret, boat ride if you can take baby, some places to eat at boardwalk but be careful with hechsherim not very many good ones there, especially the ones right on the boardwalk.

Tsfat is very very lovely and my favorite city outside of Jerusalem as it has so much character and just so big with so many different nooks and crannies. But for touring can easily do in a few hours.
Tsfat - old cemetery, can't go with stroller, there are steps down. The mikvah is there. Bring a towel.
Walk through old city - ari shul, shul of someone else I forget (tour guide will take you to them if you get one)
Artist gallery is very cute, and check out candle factory.
On the "midrochov" or main street there are lots of places to eat out, Milano and art cafe are nice dairy places. In tsfat the mehadrin hashgacha is "blue bistrizky" - any teudah or certificate that is blue and has rabbi bistrizky.
In the old city there are lots of stalls of people selling freshly squeezed juices, they are NOT kosher! Especially not now in shemita!! Tourist trap, if you ask them if they have a teudah they will say NO. be careful to always check for hechsher, it's not like USA where things are simple.

Between Tiveria and tsfat you can go to Meron for rashbi, that's all there is there really so the time needed is just for travel (20 min) and davening there.

. It is very very hot now, make sure to keep baby cool and stay hydrated.

mommy best

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:31 am
innovative mom wrote:
In tzfat Rabbi Rottenberg gives a tour around the city. It is VERY well worth it. We've been there with and without a tour and there is no comparison!
In Tiberius a boat ride on the water is a beautiful idea. It's near many eateries. Like the above posters mentioned, there's rev Meir Baal haness, the rambam, the shelah hakadosh. There are some more but don't remember specifics it was many years ago. However we took a chareidi taxi driver who took us around to all the kvarim.

Does anyone have number of rabbi rottenberg that does tour of old city Tzfas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics