Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Help for a child that's being bullied and needs confidence

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 9:50 am
Anyone have rifky schonefeld number or any other suggestions on any on else that deals with a child that has been bullied and gives them confidence

innovative mom

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 10:33 am
Rifkaschonefeldsos.com

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 10:37 am
Ty

seeker

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 1:36 pm
First things first - has the bully been dealt with?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 1:50 pm
First and foremost the child needs help. A lot of the bullying is in the head, unless the child is physically being hurt. I had the same issue with my ds, bh after a few sessions everything changed. I would suggest that u call Eitzah, (718) 851-5111, they have a lot of experience and can give u recommendations. Good luck

seeker

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
First and foremost the child needs help. A lot of the bullying is in the head, unless the child is physically being hurt. I had the same issue with my ds, bh after a few sessions everything changed. I would suggest that u call Eitzah, (718) 851-5111, they have a lot of experience and can give u recommendations. Good luck

Please clarify what you mean by that before I start hurling my reaction at you.

ahuva06

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 2:10 pm
seeker wrote:
Please clarify what you mean by that before I start hurling my reaction at you.

Agree ^^

I have vivid memories of a whole lot of real, live bullying going on when I was in elementary school. I hope the poor victim didn't go home and tell her mom about it to get a, "it's in your head" response... it was as real as could be.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 2:10 pm
Izzy Kalman - bullies to buddies - http://bullies2buddies.com/

Bruria

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 2:51 am
If your child is being bullied in school I suggest more than confidence. If that is the case, make sure the teachers know about this and be aware in order to help your child if needed.
Kids usually are scared to tattle on the bullies because they are afraid of retaliation, so a grown up needs to know what is going on to stop it.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 2:35 pm
I was bullied a lot in school, and it was all words and not fists. After a time I began to think of myself as the bullies did: stupid, ugly, worthless, etc. That part actually WAS "all in my head", and I did begin to read too much into everyone else's words.

It was not my fault. But I desperately need counseling that would convince me to not think of myself that way or see all situations as threatening. It would have helped me a lot as a kid, and prevented me from continuing to think that way of myself as an adult.

So I can kinda understand what amother wrote, and hope it's meant as I wrote above.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children