Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Gerritsen Beach

smilingmom

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 10:55 pm
Anyone look into moving into Gerritsen Beach?
It seems to be one of the only affordable area in Brooklyn.
I know there are no frum people there yet and also no shuls there, but with prices so cheap why isn't anyone moving there.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 11:00 pm
I think the area of marine park I live in is considered geritsen beach. There r shuls and frum ppl.
Do u mean like those little houses near the water. There r no frum ppl. And I doubt we'd feel very welcomed if we moved in.

smilingmom

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 6:42 am
amother wrote:
I think the area of marine park I live in is considered geritsen beach. There r shuls and frum ppl.
Do u mean like those little houses near the water. There r no frum ppl. And I doubt we'd feel very welcomed if we moved in.

Thanks.
Where is the closest shul to the water?
I have visited the beach there and thought that would be perfect place for a young frum family. There are so many houses for sale there under $350,000 it would be great if a bunch of frum families bought there and made it the next frum area.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 12:22 pm
Dunno the closest shul but I think they're all on minyan maps. I think ud have s hard time getting a group of young frum families to move near the water. It's a really tight knit community. And maybe a bit xenophobic. I doubt they'd allow that to happen.
Even where I live everyone looks out for each other. My neighbor once proudly pointed out that there r no black ppl around here!
And when a neighbor sold her house to a Sephardic family her neighbor said I can't believe u sold to Persians. How could u do that!!
I haven't encountered any blatant antisemitism but it's there just beneath the surface. Oh and some shul members have been the victims of antisemitic acts. Like having pennies thrown at them or...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating