Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Penn & Teller on Broadway: appropriate for kids?

Basmelechpnima

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 12:10 pm
Has anyone been to Penn & Teller on Broadway? Is the content and language appropriate for 12 year olds?

animeme

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 12:32 pm
I googled it and found this:

"Or, to use the delicate language of Penn and Teller, it’s all BS, a term that the audience at the Marquis yells out (in its unabbreviated form) on a cue from Penn (the stage name of Penn Jillette; Teller is always just Teller, for professional purposes). “Penn and Teller: BS” was the title of this team’s long-running series on Showtime, devoted to the exposure of professional frauds."

"what he’s [Penn's] usually saying is that we shouldn’t believe what we think we see him and Teller doing. A professed libertarian, he asks us to extend the same skepticism to invasive government practices like the use of metal detectors at airports. (For the record, a small metal sheet with the Bill of Rights engraved on it, designed expressly to set off such detectors, is on sale in the lobby for $10.)"

I don't know exactly what's said on stage, but Penn is a professed atheist and is very anti-establishment. I would be very cautious.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 12:42 pm
We saw them years ago when my DD was about 10, it was a clean show then. She was thrilled when she got called up to the stage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children