Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
HELP with carseats...NEED ASAP

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 2:31 pm
I am looking for a lighter car seat that is easy to install and switch between cars. I don't have an unlimited budget but will spend for safety, convenience in installing and moving, and for the higher height/weight limits Rear Facing. And it can't be too heavy, grandparents might be carrying it too Smile.
Any thoughts?
Graco-4ever?
Graco Milestone?
Graco headwise 65?
Any of the Britax?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 3:09 pm
anyone heard of the Graco Size4Me carseat???
It sound great on amazon but don't know if the hype is really the same as reality. It isn't the lightest at almost 20 pounds though...
HELP!!!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 11:24 pm
Can someone please help me out here????????

I need some advice....
TIA!

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 11:30 pm
The Graco size-4-me is very popular, my car seat tech friend likes it too. That's good enough for me (though I didn't end up buying one because I got something else as a gift, so I can't say personally)

As far as I know none of the convertible carseats are really light enough and easy enough to install to make you not hate switching. If you're mainly going to be switching between the same two cars (e.g. dad's and mom's, or parents' and grandparents') I'd think it worth buying two.

But your best bet might be the new one from I think it's Britax that is supposed to have a super easy new kind of installation system. I wish I could remember what it's called. But my biggest concern with car switching would be to get a good, tight, safe, correct install without too much bother every single time. I always get all sweaty and bothered whenever I have to reinstall mine (Pesach cleaning and that's it! I refuse to take them out otherwise! It's such a pain!) Let me look around and see if I can find the easy install thing I was reading about.

For light, I hear Cosco is lighter but it's also less cushy so better for short/infrequent use.

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 11:32 pm
Yes, it was Britax, see here https://us.britax.com/product-.....bles/

But for that price you could get two of something else and just install it once, well, with effort, and never have to shlep and switch and reinstall again.

Happy18

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 4:55 am
If you're on facebook post on the car seat for littles group. It has a bunch of car seat techs who can help you. It really depends how tall and heavy the child is which car seat is best. I have the britax click tight and it's amazingly easy to install perfectly each time but it's heavy. I ended up getting a much lighter and cheaper car seat for out second car that isn't as comfortable so we never use it for longer trips.

emama

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 8:33 am
Try www.car-seat.org and ask. They are very helpful.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 11:57 am
Thanks for your advice!
So the britax is slightly cheaper at amazon... 264 (sale). I like the click tight system... Seems easy enough. But it is super heavy!! Nearly 30 pounds!! I think that will be annoying and near impossible for one person who drives DC a lot.
And there are too many cars to get one for each.
Any other possibilities? Light but safe?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics