Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Ashrei's blog...
Previous  1  2

Seas

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 11:50 pm
It certainly sounds intriguing. Hard to believe there's anything anyone can write that'll alienate everyone on this forum.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:17 am
Am I missing something? So far I've only seen a warning about another blog I'm supposed to be shocked by.
Not that you're going to shock me. I'll bet on that.
Unless you murdered or raped someone that is.

marina

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:24 am
I'm intrigued

oliveoil

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:27 am
Sounds like a whole lot of hyperbole.

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 2:09 am
Please don't feel you have to publish anything publicly unless you're sure it's right for you.

Maybe most people here won't be understanding or sympathetic to what you're going through. I'm sure one or two will. I am and I hope you're ok Smile

SK

sneakermom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 2:55 am
Sounds like there's a lot going on in your mind. A part of you is bursting to share it. A part of you is afraid.

So it ends up looking like you're baiting us all.

Dangling something. But not revealing what it is. But letting us know it's dreadful. And we will certainly reject, react and explode.

The truth is that as much as people vary, they are all quite similar as well. And it's all been done before. Romance, heartbreak, change of heart, loss of faith, finding God, great heroic sacrifices, dutiful service, loving and hating, and on and on.

But just because it's all out there. Doesn't mean that your specific thoughts and feelings, in relation to your circumstances isn't unique or interesting.

It is. Because you are unique. As a human being. Special. And that's why we hold interest, in what you would like to share.

PAMOM

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 6:59 am
Dear Ashrei,

I've read your blog and am looking forward to following your updates.

crust

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:28 am
How's your child doing?
And how are you coping?
I love the post where you explain the way people suddenly expect you to be an inspiration because of your handicapped child.
You have a lot of talent.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 10:01 am
Ashrei, I'd love to hear more and I don't think I'd be shocked or judge you.
I'm so sorry for your struggles! Hug We want to be there for you.

mirror

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 6:10 pm
Read your blog. How is your child now?

Ashrei

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 11:28 pm
So... I thought a lot about it. And I have gone through some interesting things... and yes I used a lot of hyperbole (but hyperbole with a purpose I tell you!) because I wanted so much to tell this story. I wanted to reach out.

But after all that thought and time passed, as you can see nothing new has come of this. Because I just can't bring myself to talk about it in this forum. Imamother and the wonderful Imamother ladies are just not who need to hear this.

I actually davened to Hashem for what to do and He connected me to people to whom this story is relevant. It's nice to share and have what to offer, have experience to give. Here, I just want to say this:

I speak like I went through things, I'm on the other side, and now other people can benefit from my mistakes, my lessons, my story. This is a classic narrative. This is why we flock to our mentors, our Rebbetzins. They've made it through and are better for it! Yay!

But I don't get that and I don't mean that. It's never really over, and it never should be. Experiences just get deeper, meaning creeps in everywhere, and mistakes still happen. Because we never stop growing.

Show me the woman in pain, the one who struggles, the one whose faith waivers. Show me a woman who cries out to Hashem that she can't take anymore, please Gd, and who, from time to time, envelopes herself in the soft blanket of despair. That's a mentor who's more my speed. I get that. I mean that.

Anyway, I look forward to continuing my tenure on Imamother, fielding posts about kugel and sheitels (I buy my kugels and finally got a long-ish sheitel, considering baby hairs.)

~end of drama~

see you around Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media