Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Should I feed her?!
Previous  1  2

zigi

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 11:41 am
go to a natural food store, gluten free shoppe on 16th if you are in bp. bobs red mill has gluten free oatmeal. also do an amazon search. they have a lot of gluten free items.

zigi

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 11:43 am
http://www.iherb.com/Arrowhead.....45672

JMM-uc

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 4:44 pm
I'm not recognizing the hechsher, is an underlined K a good hechsher?

grivky

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 5:22 pm
I trust "kosherquest" when looking into whether a hashgacha is reliable and they have a post that says "..."Another such confusing case is the Bob’s Red Mill products bearing the underlined K. Rabbi Teichman has been certifying that product for over a year as well but the old symbol remains on the product. The KIB does not recommend the previous certifications on both products. All of the Bob’s Red Mill products bearing the Underline K are reliably certified by Rabbi Teichman. Other products bearing that symbol remain not recommended." Here is the link. http://www.kosherquest.org/alerts.php

I also found that the CRC tweeted that "Bob's Red Mill products bearing and Underlined K are recommended". (I can't figure out how to post the link for that one.)

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 5:54 pm
Baked oatmeal makes a wonderful breakfast or snack. I keep individual portions frozen.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 11:09 am
Amarante, would you post the recipe? If you have time?

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 2:03 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Amarante, would you post the recipe? If you have time?

There are a zillion variations. Google if you are interested. I use this recipe because it is lower in fat and sugar than many others. When my bananas are getting too ripe, I toss in the freezer and use for this. I also have used frsh blueberries as well as dried fruit.1/2 cup of sugar isn't a lot but I have used baking Splenda.

Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal Bars

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup white sugar
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/4 cups 2% milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
Beat applesauce and white sugar together in a bowl. Add oats, milk, eggs, baking powder, and salt to applesauce mixture; beat until evenly mixed. Stir banana into oat mixture. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Stir brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl; sprinkle mixture over banana batter.
Bake in the preheated oven until firm, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing into bars.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 5:26 pm
Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics