Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Traditional sefardi friday night meal
Previous  1  2

HelloEverybodyI

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 4:42 am
Why do we need to cook the same foods they did it? I assume they only have those traditions because it was what was available/affordable to them at the time.
While I love potato kugel and do think it's a 'typical Jewish food' I don't feel it needs to be made/had/kept in the name of tradition.

turca

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:19 am
Thank u so much for the all Ashkenazic explanations! That's exactly what op asked!
We mostly bake a whole fish with some herbs and vegetable under, with warm pita ( btw, we make a very skinny pita) and olive oil and zattar. I do make some soup in the winter but neither did my mom in Mexico nor my grandmother in Lebanon.
Main course is roasted meat/ rice with angel hair and onions or lamb or chicken. We only make all that stuff ( kibbeh, yaprak, sfiha, etc) if we have a celebration on Shabbat or yom tov.
Desert is always hot and sweet coffe or mint tea with dried fruits, nuts and biscuits.

L K

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:53 am
What kind of biscuits?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus