Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
BDE Faigy Mayer

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 2:56 am
I am just discovering this tragic news story.

Everything I read about this poor girl describes a bright, articulate woman who was building a successful business all on her own.

But according to the Jewish Community she is described as bipolar and manic.

I am very naive. Can someone struggling with mental illness manage to build a successful career in the field of technology.

It breaks my heart to read a story like this.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 4:46 am
I don't know much about mental illness but I suppose if they treat it with medication /therapy or whatever it requires, they can function as anyone else without a metal illness.

Very sad indeed Sad

Tadam

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 4:46 am
I dont see why a mental illness should stand in the way of business

Ive worked closely with someone who was very looked up to, and ran a major chessed organization etc. and suffered from MAJOR mental health/personality disorder (which me as his secretary suffered from, but to all other people he dealt with, it didn't seem to matter)

I don't see it should be a contradiction.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 4:47 am
ValleyMom wrote:
I am just discovering this tragic news story.

Everything I read about this poor girl describes a bright, articulate woman who was building a successful business all on her own.

But according to the Jewish Community she is described as bipolar and manic.

I am very naive. Can someone struggling with mental illness manage to build a successful career in the field of technology.

It breaks my heart to read a story like this.
yes, of course they can. first of all, if someone is on medication and taking care of their illness, then they can have a full life, just have an illness that they have to keep in check.
Mental illness does not always mean that the person is not able to function at all.

smilingmom

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 6:11 am
She was very bright and had her own one person company, but according to her close friends she was broke and just evicted from her apartment.
It is very tragic that she had no one to turn to for financial and emotional help and did not see a way out of her situation.
Sometimes even the best medications and all the money in the world cannot cure mental illness.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 6:17 am
smilingmom wrote:
She was very bright and had her own one person company, but according to her close friends she was broke and just evicted from her apartment.
It is very tragic that she had no one to turn to for financial and emotional help and did not see a way out of her situation.
Sometimes even the best medications and all the money in the world cannot cure mental illness.
medical illness can not be cured. it can be stabalized and made to live with, but when someone has a mental illness, it is usually for the duration.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics