Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
DD is so inappropriate

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 2:42 am
my 4 year old dd is so inappropriate. she is always touching or talking about. either her tushy or someone else. she is always so into it. everything surrounds around that. that's the only thing that interests her. She also always touches me or babysitter.I dont know what to do anymore. this has been for so long.since she was 2. thank you

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 8:15 am
What about making and enforcing a rule that "tush talk" is for bathrooms only.
If she wants to talk about tushes, she has to go into the bathroom and do it there.
That's what I do in my classroom. Bathroom words and private body part words (for shock value, not when they are having a problem and need help) are said in the bathroom. I calmly take them to the bathroom, stand in the bathroom with them and tell to say what they wanted to say. I keep a neutral face and tell them they can rejoin the group when they are finished with the bathroom words. This gets boring for them very quickly and extinguishes this behavior.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers