Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
7.5 month old started waking up ALL the time at night- ARGH

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 6:54 am
I'd really appreciate income from experienced Mums...
7.5 month old used to sleep 5-8 hours straight- feed before sleep, one-two at night- and then first morning feed at 6:00-6:30ish.
In the last week started waking up more and more and last night woke up every couple of hours- ate 120ml formula each time- screamed when tried giving him water, dummy and spreading cream on his gums (no teeth yet, not sure if teething, first child still learning Wink
I can't take these frequent wake-ups and don't know what to do- is he really hungry every couple of hours?! what can I do?
tia!

Chana4

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 7:07 am
No advice just a quick, its a stage and will hopefully pass. My son is that exact age and he is waking up recently screaming and nothing helps. I have to admit though I am a bit stubborn and trying to teach him that he needs to fall back asleep on his own, so most of the time I sleep on the couch- yes he still sleeps in our room- and yes my husband sleeps through everything, including his alarm clock. He will learn and it worked before through a different stage so hoping it will work again.

Good Luck

lfab

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 11:12 am
It's possible that he is teething and the pain is waking him. Or he could be going through a growth spurt and needs to eat more so waking more often. Is he taking the bottles nicely or crying/refusing them? If he's not drinking bottles nicely (at night as well as during the day) it could possibly be an ear infection. Otherwise babies go through stages sometime without any apparent rhyme or reason and hopefully this one will pass quickly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics