Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Job ideas please

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 12:09 pm
Any ideas of a work at home job that will bring in a steady income of 2500 a month? I have MS ed early childhood and have NYS certification birth through grade 6 reg ed and swd. Looking for ideas... Or even if I can do a part time/work on side to supplement income that would be great.
Located in Brooklyn.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 1:40 pm
totally do-able in direct sales but unless you work your butt off, not until about 8-10 months into it of steady effort.

also do-able in network marketing, but getting there will take much longer than in direct sales (could do 2500 a month in residuals maybe in 2 years is my best guess? with my network marketing business I've never gotten there, but I've never actually tried- I've always put more eggs in the basket of my direct sales biz and my service biz)

also do-able in a service business--- for example I do social media marketing for small businesses using hootsuite, manageflitter, twellow, boosting and promoting, stuff that a lot of small business owners don't want to take the time to learn. I do their twitter, linkedin, facebook, pinterest--- increase their followers, curate their daily content, invite people who liked boosted posts to like their page, etc etc.

also do-able with a store at home, but I think you have to go through a lot of red tape to make having a store in your basement/attic/whatever legal unless you've got a parking lot at your house and your house is zoned for business Smile

My only downside to working at home is seeing my messy housekeeping all the time--- I'd prefer to LEAVE so I don't have to see the unfolded laundry and unswept floor, etc. Smile

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 1:45 pm
Thank you! So how would you recommend starting out something feasible?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 1:48 pm
depends which direction you want to go. With a service business you're on your own to research everything. with direct sales or network marketing you generally need an interview with a potential upline. I'd be happy to interview you if you think sales is your speed. I've had imamothers on my teams before---- most don't stick with it and put in the effort needed---- so before starting in any direction you need to COMMIT!

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 1:51 pm
I am wary to drop my full time job until the stay at home job is financially replacing my current salary- would I be able to start out as a side/part time job?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 2:04 pm
absolutely! that's how I started. I had a full time job I hated, and I started in direct sales as a hobby. when I was making more per hour in direct sales than I was at the job I hated I left that job. I was STILL wary, so I took a PART time job while working my direct sales biz and then I got so sick I HAD to quit the part time job--- mid contract--- knowing darn well nobody in the field in that city would hire me once I got better--- so HaShem told me then to jump full force into being a work at home wife (when previously my plan was to be a work at home mom once I had kids, but for for others until then---- we were not yet parents at this point)

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 8:21 pm
with a background in education, depending on where you live, you could try curriculum development for frum elementary schools. If you do a few schools at a time, you could earn $2500ish. The schools don't have to be in your city per se either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers